What past vehicle do you wish you had back?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to have my 70 340 Dart my 68 383 Road runner , my 69 440 GTX back. I will die with with my 540 cid 1970 Cuda hopefully natural causes :laugh: and 72 340 Cuda. My 6 year old boy wants to race the 70 cuda now.

64 1/2 Mustang. Yeah, I know there was no such model year, but I had the paperwork from the original owner and it was first sold in mid 64. June, I think? It was cherry - not so much as a small tear in the upholstery. Original paint, no rust, no dents. Just a 289 with a two barrel, but oddly enough, had the T-10 tranny - the strong one. The idiot kid that owned it (me) was the third owner, and had no clue as to its value. I sold it for, oh, maybe a quarter of what it was worth so I could get some money to rebuild my other lost love, one of these:

attachment.php

1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster. Nice ride, and faster than anything in its class. It helped that I had the factory performance cam and Webers on it. :D

BlueRidgeMark said:
64 1/2 Mustang. Yeah, I know there was no such model year, but I had the paperwork from the original owner and it was first sold in mid 64. June, I think?

My dad had one of those. His was canary yellow.

car i'd like to have back

1969 Baracuda with 440 magnum torqueflite delete car - a friend had a 427 Corvette 4 speed very nice but never beat me in a drag race.

my stang

i wish i had my 1990 gt 5.0 mustang it was my first car and it was freeking bad to the bone it had a bbk cold air intake,vortech mass air meter,msd blaster coils,ads superchip,hurst shifter,it was lowered, and had 17x9 chrome cobra r's i loved that car but as u can see from the pics like many teenagers with a fast car i wrecked it. im a little smarter now and im in the processes of buying another one

CopyofPicture0061.jpg

CopyofPicture0201.jpg
CopyofPicture0122.jpg

Wish I had my wife's 93 Chev Cavalier back. It got 40 + mpg and with the price of gas these days it would be nice. Plus I'm getting tired of driving the 5-speed in traffic. We only got $700 on it for trade in too.:mad:

boboak said:
Bug-eye Sprite... Useless but fun. Thats was the late sixties. Traded it for prop for my Stearman.

My friend put a 12A rotary engine in a bug eye - that thing was one seriously fast ride...

I had a 1963 Jaguar XKE 3.8L with triple SU carbs and glass over the lights. Sleekest auto design ever in my opinion. Was a thrill to drive, but due to Lucas Electrical system, had to work on it two days a week to drive it the other five. Sold it in 1975 for $1200. Shoud have kept it as they sell for $30,000+ these days...

Picture is of a 1973, not as nice a car
jaguar.jpg

1973 Jeep J 4000 pickup. Had the truck through highschool and college. I had built it up over six years. It had an AMC 360 .060 over, turbo 400 trans and a dana 20 transfercase. Dana 44 in front 60 in the rear, running on 33" super swampers, I rebuilt all the above. It was wicked in the mud.

Was forced to sell to help finance the new house/farm. 16 year old girl ended up buying for a first car! Found out a month later the girl had two of her friends in the truck with her when she rolled it 3 times. :taped: None of them were hurt thankfully but it still makes me sick to think about it.

My '89 Toyata Tercel, the ex pounded it into a ditch three weeks ago avoiding and missing a deer :censored: and this is making it difficult to see my dwarflette. No collision either :cry:

Pigwot, Jag built some beautiful cars, always loved the XK140's-50's. Cousin in Fla. had (and still does I think) a '57 XK150 which he put an XKE straight six into (with overdrive), man that was a fun fast ride but a bit rough. That '73 XKE is one of their V12's (you can tell by the wee scoop under the front bumper), another classic. They're so smooth you can run them from zero in fourth gear with hardly any vibration, top speed out of the factory was not much more than the origional XKEs 140+mph at around 155mph. Sweet rides. :D

Sprig said:
My '89 Toyata Tercel, the ex pounded it into a ditch three weeks ago avoiding and missing a deer :censored: and this is making it difficult to see my dwarflette. No collision either :cry:

Sprig,

You sure she wern't smokin that funny stuff (again) out there on the island??!!
:hmm3grin2orange:

Paul61 LOL, I wish that were the case, then she'd only have been doing 5mph......... and I'd have my wheels still, and maybe venison BBQ to go with the munchies lol.

:cheers:

I hear ya Sprig!
You never did say if the ex. survived the wreck???

Hey, I was lookin for your island on the map, with no luck. Where are ya?

Got a sis. in Comox, was out there a few years back, didn't want to leave!
Some beautifull country there Sprig.

Paul61, she was okay, (my first question to her of course, fighting the urge to say "How's the :censored: car!"), small bump on chin from the wheel, am glad it was not worse man, but wish folks here would learn to hit the darned things (deer, not ditches); I mean obviously there are times when they are easily avoidable but people in front wheel drive cars tend to radically over-steer when swerving at any sort of speed, and it kills people unfortunately, and wrecks cars too. In this nick of the woods ( check saltspring.com ) you usually void your insurance if you swerve ( a natural reaction ) to miss critters other than humans. I have a good mate down the road who had a rather large buck charge his (tan colored) Buick this spring during the rut. He rammed the car (it was going 40-50kph) on the headlight bezel with the tip of its horn, died instantly; thing leapt out of the ditch and freakin' hit him, on purpose! How the hell do you explain that to your broker lol. He stopped by my house just after it happened, "So, no waste, lets go get it! Free BBQ!" said I grabbing one of my sharp knives but, alas, 10mins later it was already taken (and probably cooking as I speak). But sorry, I digress and have gone wildly off-topic. Car toast, me sad. :bang: :(

Oops, small edit on the Island here. Comox is about 100mi north of here, we are located off the southeastern tip of Vancouver Island just north of Victoria. There is a very cool site here which has some excellent pictures > http://www.isleofviews.com/panafulf.html <enjoy, it is beauty here for sure. :D Um, how olds yer sis?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back