What past vehicle do you wish you had back?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1970 Opel GT candy apple red silver pin .. Deep dish ansen 14''wmickey thompson tires on the rear . heavy duty clutch , racing cam weber side draft header could out run those TR6 240Z 's

HOLY MOLY!! :jawdrop: Iyiyyiyi, hard to believe no driver injury, talk about a lucky (well not really eh) person, yikes!
BUT,
MMMMMmmmmoose. Darned expensive way to hunt though, :(

I bring da marinade!!! And :chainsaw: lets get cookin'!

:D

Bah, not ruined Paul, just a wee sidetrack t'is all. Thinkin' back on some of the metal objects I've owned over the years and still I miss my '78 Blazer that I sold three years ago when I moved into this shack with family. Probably the rustiest thing to ever get by a road-block but what fun! When I bought it from a bud it was jacked 4" and had huge 36" mudders on it, headers, Alpine cassette (woot!) and flow through (the holes) air conditioning. Spent many hours idling @400rpm in bull low through the trails out back of here, it never missed a beat. We had our own mudpit on the property I used to caretake and also spent many hours getting it stuck and un-stuck; the younger kids used to love to go for burns around the fields with me on our figure8 pit. Until the day I sold it I thought it was a small block 350 and later found out it was an ex stock-car small block 400, no wonder it screamed, hm *kicks own butt*. When it left it had been toned down with stock sized tyres and a baby seat, sold due to other commitments in life but tons of good memories remain. A young guy who works at our local video shop owns it now and he and his buddies spent last winter rebuilding it. It is now flat black, with huge tires again, and a few new dents to hide the rust over its 8" lift kit.... every time I see it I get a heart-murmer of angst. :pumpkin2:

Sounds fine Sprig. Wifey & I got a couple of Jeep Grand Cherokees (V8's), was asked the other day if I ever had them off road? was embarrassed to say "no" but, wished I had something like your old Blazer to have some fun with! I checked out your island, look's real fine Sprig, close to Victoria huh. Looks like you gotta piece of heaven there Sprig, an expensive one too....& lots of wood! Did some skiing on Mnt. Washington some years back.
Paul

man now ya gone an donit

I almost ashamed to admit but i love all of them
first 69 chevelle ss second car 64 impalla ss third 69 malibu
681/2 malibu 72 charger 69 chevelle ss 57 chevy apache then
67 ford shortwide 66 fairlane coupe 4 72 broncos now
have 77 mustang cobra fo sa 78 f 350 winch truck gin truck
pto in out winch, mack grapple truck priceless, f800 bucket 60'
86 f350, 72 bronco,06 superduty as you can see age changed my
toy choices but man i wish i had the early ones back the 691/2 said
experimental model on title and came factory with 350 im not sure
what that one would cost restored now since 350s actually came
out in 70:sucks:

The car's are still here, but need restoration. I have a Dodge Van 82, and my brother have a Camaro 70-1/2 RS.
attachment.php

Non, I'm glad I had 'em when I did!

I had many cool cars. 60 Chevey w/348, 60 Chevy w/ 409(425HP), 68 RS Z/28, 69 396 (375HP), BSA Lightning, 500 Kaw, HD SuperGlide, 280Z, etc.

BUT

I'm glad I had them and enjoyed them in my teens, 20s and early 30s. I see these old gezzers (actually, many are my age, 58) buying these things on B-J auction and elsewhere because they didn't have 'em when they were kids. You just can't relive your youth. Now, don't get me wrong. I'd still like to tool around in my old Z, but it's not a replacement for havin' 'em when you're young.

So, I'm glad I had all this cool iron growing up AND I'm glad I used and abused it. In AS speak, "Go cut some wood already"

Just another view,

Jack

I'm glad I had them and enjoyed them in my teens, 20s and early 30s. I see these old gezzers (actually, many are my age, 58) buying these things on B-J auction and elsewhere because they didn't have 'em when they were kids. You just can't relive your youth. Now, don't get me wrong. I'd still like to tool around in my old Z, but it's not a replacement for havin' 'em when you're young.

I'm gonna print this off and show it to my wife. I want to get a Foxbody Mustang, but she wants me to wait a few years. 40 is sneakin up real quick!

I'm gonna print this off and show it to my wife. I want to get a Foxbody Mustang, but she wants me to wait a few years. 40 is sneakin up real quick!

I still have my 85 5.0 5spd, 351W with a 427 stroker crank sits in the engine compartment now. I don't drive it and I wont sell it, I just let it sit. That was the car I wanted in my teens, like the rich kids had.

But I wish I still had my 79 6.6 TA, my 66 F-100 (390 4spd), my 60 F-100 (292 4spd, big back window SWB), my 61 F-250 (292 3spd), either one of my CB750 rigid choppers, my 69 Sportster 900 rigid, my Triumph 500 rigid, my V45 Magna.

My brother and I have been building an oldy, a 63 F-100 Unibody (292 3spd). We just gave it to my dad for his 60th b-day. She is straight as an arrow, mechanically perfect, and sitting in primer waiting for paint. Thats what we are doing this weekend anyway. We wanted to build him a 60 year old truck but they all disintegrated years ago so he'll have to be happy with the 44 year old.

I still have my 85 5.0 5spd, 351W with a 427 stroker crank sits in the engine compartment now.

We wanted to build him a 60 year old truck but they all disintegrated years ago so he'll have to be happy with the 44 year old.

I drove an 85 5.0 awhile back. It was fast with the stock motor. Never know what had been done to it though. But I'm easily impressed. I've not driven a lot of fast cars. That 5.0 was faster than an 88 IROC w/ 350 TPI as I remember though. Of course the IROC was an auto and the 5.0 a 5 speed.

69 cutlass, first car.

76 E-150, straight 6, three on the tree, 22mpg, really enjoyed driving it, if I could get another one that wasn't rusted out, I would and it'd be my new familyvan.

'80 Z-28 Camaro. 350CID tuned out with all sorts of fun under the hood. damn neared killed my 19 year old body a few times in the year that I had that gas sucker....

I have a few...Bob
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 427 4 speed "R" motor. Real stupid for selling this one.
1969 428 Mustang Mach 1
1933 Ford 3 window coupe.
1966 VW with a 351 Cleveland Ford engine in the front, my creation.
1955 F-100 truck
1964 Ford Fairlane 427 T-Bolt clone, oh i still have this one, somewhere :rock: .

I still have my 85 5.0 5spd, 351W with a 427 stroker crank sits in the engine compartment now. I don't drive it and I wont sell it, I just let it sit. That was the car I wanted in my teens, like the rich kids had.

But I wish I still had my 79 6.6 TA, my 66 F-100 (390 4spd), my 60 F-100 (292 4spd, big back window SWB), my 61 F-250 (292 3spd), either one of my CB750 rigid choppers, my 69 Sportster 900 rigid, my Triumph 500 rigid, my V45 Magna.

My brother and I have been building an oldy, a 63 F-100 Unibody (292 3spd). We just gave it to my dad for his 60th b-day. She is straight as an arrow, mechanically perfect, and sitting in primer waiting for paint. Thats what we are doing this weekend anyway. We wanted to build him a 60 year old truck but they all disintegrated years ago so he'll have to be happy with the 44 year old.

Awesome!

Would you mind talking with my kids if they call? :hmm3grin2orange:

Awesome!

Would you mind talking with my kids if they call? :hmm3grin2orange:
Actually we more or less owed this truck to him. Me and my 2 brothers have 500lbs of led foot between us and we put quite a few of the old mans trucks in the grave during our teenage years. Also, my poor dad had some nice hot rods he had to sell to get us out of trouble.
But he does like the truck, my wife said he teared up when we gave it to him but he was cool about it and made sure we didn't see it.

The funny part was he was itchen to get another cruising machine and my mom had to hold him off for a few months.

Last edited:
Actually we more or less owed this truck to him. Me and my 2 brothers have 500lbs of led foot between us and we put quite a few of the old mans trucks in the grave during our teenage years. Also, my poor dad had some nice hot rods he had to sell to get us out of trouble.
But he does like the truck, my wife said he teared up when we gave it to him but he was cool about it and made sure we didn't see it.

The funny part was he was itchen to get another cruising machine and my mom had to hold him off for a few months.

Still a cool story. Not many sons feel like they "owe" anything to ol' dad. :bowdown:

Now, about me tearin' up stuff, ah, let's not go there...:deadhorse:

Last edited:
in my younger days........
dirt late model on alcohol. there is no bigger rush than driving one of these.
huge demands on time and checkbook but well worth it. no regrets.

Latest posts

Back