What past vehicle do you wish you had back?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76 IH Scout, with the same old worn out broke belt tires that you didnt put more then 20 psi into to, Had metal fencing posts welded in place for the door jams. The duel cigeratte astray in the drivers and passngers floorboard. And the 1 windsheild wiper on the passenger side that worked.

My 2001 Honda Civic 5spd since gas is so outrageously high now

My wife had a 93 Cavalier that got 40 mpg. Kind of wish I had that now as a beater to drive around. The killer is that they only gave us $700 on trade in.:bang:

85 Celica

First car I bought, '85 Toyota Celica GT hatchback. Had the 5 speed and the previous owner had installed a stronger clutch that engaged with minimal movement. Fun little car, got 36 mpg, and the hatchback could fit a lot more stuff then you would think. Never had a problem with it except the body rust. The engine, 22-RE (probably sad that I still remember the engine number), was to this day the best car engine I have ever owned. That and the car was a rear wheel drive, which just added to the fun. There was more then one "modified" new rice rocket in college I surprised between stop lights. What a great commuter car that would make these days.

MusColla

1) The '68 mustang, 289 bored 30 over, glass-packs, 650 Holley, but it did go through 2 transmissions in 3 years.

2) My current ride around town,'98 corolla...EXCEPT with a driver's side DOOR HANDLE, which broke off in an ice storm 1 1/2 years ago. There's just enough to open the door with...

There are two I wish I had back.

1- My 86 Ramcharger. It had A/C, power windows, power door locks, a 360 4 barrel, NPG 435 4 speed manual transmission, NPG 208 transfer case, limited slip read end. It only had 3.21 gears though, I could never figure that out. I was going to change the gears to 3.90 but I got rid of it :bang: :bang: :bang: . Even with the high gear ratio (low numerically) this thing could tow, the 435 had a super low first gear. I'm going to get another one someday!

2- My 78 Camaro. I put a SB 406 in it. It had 10.25:1 compression, Dart Sportsman II heads, a small Crane solid cam, Weiand Team G Intake, Holley 750 double pumper (the car ran better with the double pumper then it did with the 750 vacuum Secondary's). It was backed by a TH350 with a TCI 3800 stall converter and a 10 bolt limited slip 4.10 gears. The car ran 12.70's on street tire through the exhaust.

My 87 Volvo 240 wagon, bought it new. Wife drove it daily for work. Sold it in 94 to a girl down the road. She still driving it today. She beeps the horn when she drives by sometimes. I think she is rubbing it in that it's still going down the road.

My 71 Monte Carlo Big Block I brought back from MT. Still being shown in S.Ohio. 70 Gto, 62 Impala 327 red on red and the list could go on......:cry:

2001 Ford F350 SRW with the 7.3L Powerstroke diesel. It was a crewcab longbed 4WD painted all black lifted 6" with 37" tires on it and had a mildly souped up engine and a built trans to handle it. Had to sell it after I was injured and could no longer work in the construction industry.

Scott

87 Shelby Charger GLHS #789

I sure wish I had this one back. I worked for a Dodge dealer way back then and got to know a guy a Mopar Performance. We did a ton of little things to the car and dang that car was fast. I would love to have it now with the rage of kids that think their slammed Hyundai is fast.

in my younger days........
dirt late model on alcohol. there is no bigger rush than driving one of these.
huge demands on time and checkbook but well worth it. no regrets.

Pretty good rush out of this one too

Latest posts

Back