What saws have you run today???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
Was just checking to see what anyone else ran,,,,, I had to shorten up a few pieces of seasoned firewood for a fire this morning it was 31°F and 28°F yesterday coldest days yet!!! I Ran my 020T w/MM, 046 w/DPMM, Ported 390XP, ported 7900, and 120 super w/MM needless to say I think the neighbors are awake!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I test ran a Stihl MS260 and tuned a Makita DCS401 after a MM yesterday. Its too windy here today to do much outside, but it may be colder where you are in Texas than here in Pa.:msp_confused:

Picked up and admired :Dmy newly built Husky 359 case with a nos OEM 357xp top end this morning on my way to stoke the wood stove. Had visions of green grass and trees dropping in the late spring. Regrettably I don't have a muffler assembly for it yet........ otherwise I would have run it today;)

Dropped, cut up and split a 36" oak with a neighbor this morning for another family that was short on firewood. The man had suffered a stroke and his wife was asking where to buy some firewood or if we had some for sale. I think we stopped at two full pickup loads. I used my MS 361 (muffler mod only) and MS 260 Pro (bone stock). A great start to the weekend! :D

Dropped, cut up and split a 36" oak with a neighbor this morning for another family that was short on firewood. The man had suffered a stroke and his wife was asking where to buy some firewood or if we had some for sale. I think we stopped at two full pickup loads. I used my MS 361 (muffler mod only) and MS 260 Pro (bone stock). A great start to the weekend! :D

Wow cool, very good Chrstmas Giving move there, Good on ya, seeing your post reminded me I havent ran my ported MS 361 In a while, May dig it out when I get back from the barbershop Wooo Hooo Whoop Whoop!!!! Keep the run saw and what for reports coming fellas especially if you are helping a brother or seester in need out,,, Merry Christmas,,, Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::rock::laugh:

Wow cool, very good Chrstmas Giving move there, Good on ya, seeing your post reminded me I havent ran my ported MS 361 In a while, May dig it out when I get back from the barbershop Wooo Hooo Whoop Whoop!!!! Keep the run saw and what for reports coming fellas especially if you are helping a brother or seester in need out,,, Merry Christmas,,, Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::rock::laugh:

My 361 is really strong with just the muffler mod. I wonder what it would be like with a woods port from the armed monkey. I've been saving up favors and a few dollars to send this one to him at some point.

My 361 is really strong with just the muffler mod. I wonder what it would be like with a woods port from the armed monkey. I've been saving up favors and a few dollars to send this one to him at some point.

get ahold of bowtie from Kansas and ask him. I sold/traded him a NIB/NOS MS361 that went on a trip to TN.... or get Tha gun totin monkey to find the vid of the one he modded for bowtie, If memory serves me right it was pretty stout when it got back to Kansas.... My ported 361 ran pretty good today for not being cranked in a couple of years,,, havent had much need for a sub 70CC saw lately, may as well peddle it off before long I reckon???? fired up the MS 660 w/DPMM. & the Ported MS 460 while I was at it

None today only M-F and sometimes Saturday.

We had saws with us but ground stumps all day yesterday behind another tree guy we trade work with, most times he cuts them nice and flush for grinding, :rock: (I like when he does that,,,) we make more money if we get to grind stumps all day and not have to flush cut any that are left too tall... Grrrrr it just slows us down:blob2: and he gave me some nice seasoned red oak that I had to cut to fit/suit my set up this morning!!!!

Last edited:
Had to modify a bar 20" .58ga. for the Poulan Pro 405, been tinkering with it since I got it from a fellow member last month, locked up tight, PB blaster, time, and gentle persuasion and alot of crank case and fuel tank flushing, new lines and filter,8 pin rim, complete carb kit , JB welded the reed block and off to the races!!!, mmmmmmmmm tourqey for a 65cc !!!

Back