Ran across a new 441....what would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct, I just went back to the website and was about to tell you my mistake. For some reason, the 441 R is not currently up there, seems like they messed up the whole site when they took the 661 off due to the recall, everything is out of order and lots of saws (like the 362 R and 441 R) are not even shown.

Also, the 044 holds a bit more fuel, but the weight is very close, not the big deal people are making out of it.

By the way, my 441 was not a C-M, I hear those 441 C-Ms cut very well.

I think if you put both those saws on the scale your brain will return to reality. The 441 is bulkier and has different AV, but it does not weight more. My only knock on the 441 was the handle sticks out of the right side too far, preventing you from cutting close to the ground or over a wide stump. It will also cut at least as good as a 440, perhaps a little better.
I agree the 441 cuts faster, but i don't need a brain to know the 441 is heavyer than a 440.. I have both saws and use them every day. The 441 is a big heavy sled and a major let down as far as stihl saws go.

I had a 441 and now I have a 441 RCM. I like the MTronic saw better than the carbed version but there was nothing wrong with the standard 441. I ran a 28" bar on it a bunch and it handled it well. As I have said before, you run the saw yourself and make up your own mind, don't be influenced by the naysayers on here. I suspect many have never run the saw in question but make judgements without the benefit of facts

Its a stihl, of course you would have to run it over more than once to kill it, unlike those huskys that fall apart if you look at them funny:buttkick:

I know for a fact one must run over an 026, 044, and a MS460 more than once to cause anything worth typing about.

hseII

I ran across a basiclly new 441 w/ a 28" bar and rs chain today. By new I mean fired up and not much more. The guy would take $650 for it. Now I already have a 064 and a 046, so I pretty much am covered up in 70+saws. What I was thinking is to part ways with the 064 and keep both the 046 and the 441 and have one ported. My 064 is rebuilt with just a few tanks thru it, so it should bring a decent amount on ebay. What do ya'll think? Will I miss the 64? Which would you port?

Did you buy the saw or not?

I had a 441 and now I have a 441 RCM. I like the MTronic saw better than the carbed version but there was nothing wrong with the standard 441. I ran a 28" bar on it a bunch and it handled it well. As I have said before, you run the saw yourself and make up your own mind, don't be influenced by the naysayers on here. I suspect many have never run the saw in question but make judgements without the benefit of facts

I agree with you 100%. While I love my new 362 C-M, my non M-Tronic 441 was reliable and cut very well, and the only reason I sold the 441 instead of the 044 (they cut the same) is that after 20 yrs I'm emotionally attached to the 044 and the 441 was worth more. Picking between the two was a coin toss, and my 044 is one of the strong running 10 mm models. I used the 441 a lot to rip logs into posts & beams (up to 27') and it did very well.

Very curios as to how much better you rate the C-M version of the 441 to the regular one. Not many people have had the same saw in both versions.

Also, if that other guy is so concerned with power to weight, he should get a 362 C-M. Will cut with the 440, save gas & weight less. It will be a greater weight difference than between the 440 and 441.

A 441CM is significantly stronger than a 441, and a lot stronger than a new 440. Once ported, I believe that gap narrows. They both mod very well.

I will second Brad on this one... One great thing about the 441 CM is that, it is a very consistent saw. Hope Brad does not mind these vids

I'm kinda covered up with 70cc saws. I have a 038 super that I just did a rebuilt on and the near new 046. I guess I could put the 38 on ebay (they seem to bring good money there) to fund the 441c. Then run both the 46 and the 441 to see which I like best. Then try to decide which to port.

Last edited:
if I ran across a 441 id most likely back up over it again to be sure it was dead. but that's just the Husqvarna dealer in me lol
if I ran across a 441 id most likely back up over it again to be sure it was dead. but that's just the Husqvarna dealer in me lol
Terry when I send you my 440 you can run it over as many times as you want to . As long as it comes back in the same condition with more power. Lol

Back