Ran across a new 441....what would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MS 660 needs a little brother. Hed love that 064. Pass on that 441 theres to much over lap in size between a 441 and 460 Plus id rather have the 460 Keep your current set up Also be happy to give that 064 a home

if i had an 046 there would be no way in hell i would be buying a 441. i'm really not a fan of those fat ass POS's. i was handling saws at walkers saw shop last week (they sell husqvarna and stihl now) and i can't believe what people see in those new stihls. i like the older ones way more. also, i agree heavily on not getting rid of the 064. i've been looking for a builder for a long time around here and haven't even seen a runner. of coarse everyone runs good saws (husky's :D) around here. not many stihls at all.

PS: stihls are ok too

Just take that money your gonna throw at the 441 and get the 046 and 064 both ported. You'll have money left over and you won't be able to wipe the grin off for a long time.
To me that would be money well spent.
I look forward to the day I have the extra coin to send one to a top builder.

I ran across a basiclly new 441 w/ a 28" bar and rs chain today. By new I mean fired up and not much more. The guy would take $650 for it. Now I already have a 064 and a 046, so I pretty much am covered up in 70+saws. What I was thinking is to part ways with the 064 and keep both the 046 and the 441 and have one ported. My 064 is rebuilt with just a few tanks thru it, so it should bring a decent amount on ebay. What do ya'll think? Will I miss the 64? Which would you port?

There is good reason those Husky guys want your 441 dead. If it is a C-M saw I would grab it in a second and send it to Randy (or other good porters on this website). They seem to port very well. If not a C-M, I would bid down the price a little. Still a very good saw, but C-M is better and worth more.

I had a regular 441, it was a very good saw, but the new M-Tronic is a very desirable feature. I would look to get a better price on that saw, then I would talk to someone who does saw porting to determine if the newer 441 would respond any better to porting than the older saws. Even w/o M-Tonic, it is different than the old saws, and I would discuss it with someone "in the know".

Wait for the 461cm. Send it for a visit to Cottle lane, and I doubt you'll use the others much anymore.

I have a 441 I used it today, tomorrow I'm gonna use the 440. The 441 is going back on the shelf to collect dust. I figure if I'm gonna lug that sled around id just use my 66.

I have a 441 I used it today, tomorrow I'm gonna use the 440. The 441 is going back on the shelf to collect dust. I figure if I'm gonna lug that sled around id just use my 66.

I think if you put both those saws on the scale your brain will return to reality. The 441 is bulkier and has different AV, but it does not weight more. My only knock on the 441 was the handle sticks out of the right side too far, preventing you from cutting close to the ground or over a wide stump. It will also cut at least as good as a 440, perhaps a little better.

They just pulled the MS 440 off the website a week or two ago, but when it was up there they actually said it was 14.8 lbs and the 441 14.6 lbs. When I weighted my 044 and 441 both full of gas & oil with 20" bar and chain, they were both the same. I changed the tank holder on the 044 after it was crushed by a tree, but I used Stihl OEM parts. Perhaps some years they were lighter than other years, I don't know, but the 440, 044 and 441 are all very close in weight. The old #s published stating that the 044 powerhead was 13 lbs is a bunch of crap.

Of course your R version will weight more.

Back