Ran across a new 441....what would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I ran across a basiclly new 441 w/ a 28" bar and rs chain today. By new I mean fired up and not much more. The guy would take $650 for it. Now I already have a 064 and a 046, so I pretty much am covered up in 70+saws. What I was thinking is to part ways with the 064 and keep both the 046 and the 441 and have one ported. My 064 is rebuilt with just a few tanks thru it, so it should bring a decent amount on ebay. What do ya'll think? Will I miss the 64? Which would you port?

Buy it, run it, like it (keep it) or not sell it.

I would by it and gift it to either my grandmother or my daughter. im sure it would be plenty of saw for their cutting needs.

[laughs at own joke]

if I ran across a 441 id most likely back up over it again to be sure it was dead. but that's just the Husqvarna dealer in me lol

Its a stihl, of course you would have to run it over more than once to kill it, unlike those huskys that fall apart if you look at them funny:buttkick:

You husky guys run along.....nothing to see here.:buttkick:
Im a Husq/Jonsered guy to the core... but if a saw deserves consideration... I'll consider it. I've heard that a 441cm can be made to wallop a 372. I am going to buy one to find out for myself. If it doesn't, I'd still consider it to be a great 70cc saw, and I dont mind having more than one of any class. 272xp, 044, 2171, and a 441cm should make a great 70cc team. It gives me a old and new model from each Manufacturer.

Last edited:
064 is not going to be replaces easily if you decide you want it back. 046 could e replaced easier with a 460 if you parted with it instead.

OK, thanks for talking me off the edge on the 64 going down the road. So what about the 441. I'm not much up on the new stuff. are there different models of the 441? which is most desirable?

Back