What size saws do you use the most

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmarinekurt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On a given day

Ms200
372xp

I feel 70cc would be the saw id have if i had only one

75% of the wood I cut can be handled by a 50cc saw with a 16" bar I mainly cut 10-16" wood

Most of my fire wood is tops that various tree companies drop off at the shop for me.

Then the rest of the time I run a 70cc saw with a 20"-28" bar on it.

I'm just a firewood cutter so I don't like to get rounds any heavier than I want to lift into my truck.
90% of the time I'll grab the 5100s (50cc). The 024 Super (46cc?) is really nice too, because it seems lighter, but it's not quite as fast.
I love running all my other saws but the 2 above get my work done with the least effort.

That said...I've been eyeing a 28" beech that my 268, 6800i, and 1050 would love to chomp on. I just can't seem to work up the gusto to want to mess with something that big and heavy. Maybe I'll just cut it up for fun and leave it for someone that needs it bad enough to lift it. LOL

Last edited:
9 times out of 10 i grab my 260 with a 16"bar,,,, light and quick ;) maybe ill grab a 70cc that other 10 percent of the time just to put a ear to ear grin on my face:D

When I log it's a (soon to be ported) 440. When I'm at the woodshed its a ported 460. Tree service it's a 200t.

Felling small trees gets a 346xp and felling big trees gets a ported 660. Capping big stumps gets a ported 394xp.

I really couldn't tell ya which one is used the most. Depends on the day and job at hand.

Today was a ported 460 and ported 660, some wedges and a felling axe. Dropped 14 medium to large trees. Dulled the 460 and finnished out with the 660.

Last edited:
For firewood stuff (smaller trees at least) I turn to my ms260 w/18" bar.. For bigger stuff or anything over 16" hardwoods, as well as any clearing jobs I reach for the 70cc saw (My lovely and amazing MS441CM w/30"). :yoyo:

Last few months everything I've used has been 90cc or bigger.

Well, I guess not everything since I used the 192T to cut down the Christmas tree.:D

Mr. HE:cool:

Day in and day out, I grab my 60cc+ saw most often. The 50cc+ second most often. The 70cc+ third most often. My two-saw plan would be a 50cc class and a 70cc class.

For pleasure alone, I'd never fire up anything under 70ccs, and the 90cc and bigger saws are the most fun a guy can have that doesn't involve sex.

Day in and day out, I grab my 60cc+ saw most often. The 50cc+ second most often. The 70cc+ third most often. My two-saw plan would be a 50cc class and a 70cc class.

For pleasure alone, I'd never fire up anything under 70ccs, and the 90cc and bigger saws are the most fun a guy can have that doesn't involve sex.

For pleasure alone, I'd never fire up anything under 100db!

For pleasure alone, I'd never fire up anything under 100db!

That's fine. You prefer noise, I prefer muscle. You want her to put her fingers in her ears. I want her to . . . . awww . . . never mind. You decibel dollies wouldn't understand. :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back