What the ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I tried to sell a chainsaw on facebook. Two replies immediately. They both want to send a six digit code for me to respond. I have never had to do that before. What is this? If it is a scam how does a code get them anything? They claim it is to verify I am a real person.

My work computer has done this 6 digit confirmation number crap. At least that is a in house system, they have my number and I’m in the email system. I don’t know how you could have that kind of authentication on farcebook. That being said I’m not on farcebook. I believe Bobby said it best when he said “Momma says facebook is the debil!” 😈

Its a way for scammers to hack your facebook account and then use it to target your friends or spoof your fb account. when folks contact me I say Im free today and can meet at xxyy time and xxyy place. A real buyer will meet in public very often the same day they contact you and not ask you for codes/email or other weird stuff.

Its a way for scammers to hack your facebook account and then use it to target your friends or spoof your fb account. when folks contact me I say Im free today and can meet at xxyy time and xxyy place. A real buyer will meet in public very often the same day they contact you and not ask you for codes/email or other weird stuff.
If selling on there don't list your real name or address or anything meet them in a public place on camera. The crime is at an all time high all over the place.

I tried to sell a chainsaw on facebook. Two replies immediately. They both want to send a six digit code for me to respond. I have never had to do that before. What is this? If it is a scam how does a code get them anything? They claim it is to verify I am a real person.
The code is for them to gain access to your email or Facebook. Scam!

I have refused to ever even USE Farcebook. It is an organ of the criminal, the Evil, and the Government(propaganda, tracking, self incrimination). If you use that you may as well open up your bank account and expect loss of liberty & freedom.

Sold and bought LOTS of stuff on Ebay with no real problem. Same for Craig's List.
As long as you insist on Craig's List buyers to SHOW UP physically and work with folks on Ebay who have high ratings and lots of transactions, they work as well or better than old-time Classified Ads.

No issues here buying or selling.

Never heard of a code and yes you got to watch scammers everywhere. Phones, emails, forums, ebay etc etc etc.

Matter fact I just bought a newer suv off there. But I only deal local or within 100 miles and in person.

Back