What to do with sawdust, noodles, wood chips, n smalll twigs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done.

Thanks! But truth be told I have very little in the line of carpentry skills, like zero to none. Ask my finger that keeps getting in the way of the hammer! :msp_scared: (right now that finger is 2/3rds black n blue n the nail will come off sometime soon) But as you can see, I do like playing with wood even if it isn't firewood.

I do have another idea for the pile of rotting firewood wood n debris I'm putting together though I don't know how it might turn out.

I thought early this morning that I would wrap the outside in the black plastic, but instead of covering it with the same, I think I'll add a mixture of dirt n compost on top of the pile n then plant flowers, like in a huge flower pot. To make it more interesting I'll have the flowers overflow to surround the other round piles. That way, no matter how long it takes, at least it will look nice for the duration.

Ummm no! He's been laying in the same spot for some 27 years now feeding worms.

He passed away May 23rd 1986. I just never remarried.

I can see why. You'd probably kill another one with all the wood cutting. You're to busy. I like to kick back just a bit. Well, really I have too. I ain't as young as you. :msp_wink:

Exceptional Work there. I use yard debris mixed with dirt, mulch and manure to make potting soil, I just mound it up in the woods and turn it with the tractor every so often and in about a year it turns to "black gold"

Big maple stump in my backyard, bored a slot in it and stuck a grate thru it, grandson and I use chips, bark etc to cook supper outside when it's nice. Now have a hole to burn in as I'm continuing burn the roots out but 8 yr old boys are always up for a cookout and I have enough bark from my splitting pile and fallen limbs to heat a house anyway. Really works out well because I do not like to cook venison burger in the house anyway, love the food, hate the smell

if i could only find me a woman like this...............

wait!!!!!!

i'll bet she's as hardheaded as i am, lol.:msp_tongue:

Squirrels, squirrels, you want squirrels. I got squirrels. Come and get um. You'll have to get FLHX to skin um. :msp_wink:

Not much hardwood left in south MS these days, all plantation pines. Tons of them here in IN. Have not shot a squirrel in yrs but I think that will change next fall, grandson starting to shoot OK. Recently was told to skin squirrels under running water to keep the hair off, might have to try it.

I can see why. You'd probably kill another one with all the wood cutting. You're to busy. I like to kick back just a bit. Well, really I have too. I ain't as young as you. :msp_wink:

So that's why no men come a courtin any more! They're afraid! :laugh:

Actually I figure as long as I can do it, I should keep on doing it. I may have slowed a bit over the years but all this work keeps me young n fit.
woodcutter-smiley_zps2e644735.gif
:msp_w00t:

Not much hardwood left in south MS these days, all plantation pines. Tons of them here in IN. Have not shot a squirrel in yrs but I think that will change next fall, grandson starting to shoot OK. Recently was told to skin squirrels under running water to keep the hair off, might have to try it.

That sure must take a long time skinning em that way! :msp_scared:

That sure must take a long time skinning em that way! :msp_scared:

Haven't tried it yet. Miz Stringer made a cut in the back and then peeled towards both ends, but that leaves a lot of hair. Maybe I should try the air hose thing next time???? Squirrel season is usually too hot for me anyway, don't like to deer hunt till it's in the 20's or colder

I was taught to cut a slit right across the belly. Hook the middle finger of each hand in the slit and pull opposite with each hand. You still have to cut the tail off but it skins the tail too. No hair that I can tell to worry with.

Latest posts

Back