What wood you guys do about this??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just wasted 15 min. of my life......Guys,I'm pretty sure the O.P. is busy gettin' laid-not sitting around like married guys subscribing to threads of hopeless futility ........dang, wish he'd hook a brother up with those pics:dizzy:

oh by the way,
:welcome:

Jonereds 801

Any jonsereds 801 owners out there?
I just picked one up and I'm having a little trouble getting it running.
Here's the scenerio:
I bought the saw from a guy that said he had got it from cleaning out a relative's garage. He said that it run "a couple of years ago".

I took it home and in a fit of irrational exurberance I tried starting her up, about five pulls with full choke and the throttle set on high speed idle... she starts right up. I cut the choke and clicked off the throttle lock... ran her for 20 seconds or so, nothing hard just rev'd up a couple of times, then shut her off.

The next day I'm thinking I just found a great old saw and set out to do the things I should have done before starting the saw, I checked and filled the bar oil, emptied the fuel and refilled with fresh mixed 25:1 as that's what is listed on the saw collectors website. So now the saw just won't keep running,
I start her up and she just dies, then she's flooded, I dry the plug, start again, she dies, over and over and over. . . I just cant keep her running.

My first inclination is to go back to the 50:1 mix I use in my stihl and other saw.

Anyone have an idea? I get good spark and the compression seems strong, although it seems to have gotten a little easier to pull, but I also did replace the start cord and added a extra loop or two, which could explain the easier pulls. Anyway, I also posted on the "beg for manuals thread" looking for any help I can find. So if you have a shop manual for this saw, I'd love copy.

If you can offer any advice, I'm all ears

Thanks
Peter

OK, the OP sent me a link to pictures of her and her sister
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
how-ugly-can-you-be.jpg

dude thats going to give me nightmares:jawdrop: i cant believe i just went threw this whole thread too see that:mad: lol

Bump!

Just went through 10 minutes of trying not to laugh to loud and risking waking up my girlfriend. This must be one of the funniest threads I have seen on AS yet!

Someone post how to get puke out from between the keys of my keyboard!

Latest posts

Back