What would cause these problems?? Husky 137e and Poulan Micro XXV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfused

Saw & Firewood HACK
Reaction score
#1...Husqvarna 137e will not idle down - runs great at high end and comes up to w.o.t. without hesitation (4 strokes slightly @ w.o.t.). When the throttle is released it comes down to a high idle (too fast to disengage the clutch). I have the idle screw turned out so it's not contacting the idle cam at all. Low mixture adjustment is right and if turned far enough to lower idle speed motor bogs and struggles when throttle is opened. The neighbor (farmer across the road from me & good friend) who brought it to me said he had it pinched in a branch on a standing tree (pruning) and could not get it loose so took loader bucket and pushed branch to release saw - it fell about 6 feet to ground. Originally brought to me to fix leaking fuel tank (epoxy repair). Ran fine - he brought it back with this new problem a week later:censored: Carb has not been kitted but has all new fuel lines and filters (air and fuel). Air leak or??? Thinking heat related expansion crack/leak - going to try pressure/vac test today.

#2...Poulan Micro XXV Super Deluxe - been carb kitted, all new fuel lines (thanks Mark for the great tutorial), new oil lines to oil pump/check valve. Valve tests good and has new filter installed. Saw runs well & has adequate compression (130p.s.i. @ 4 pulls). When it is ran with no b/c lube in tank it runs well and seems to have a surprising amount of power for it's size. When b/c oil is added to tank motor smokes heavily but runs well enough. Plug shows heavy oil fouling after 1/4 tank of fuel (mixed @ 40:1) and starts to loose power. Seems to be sucking b/c oil into crankcase some how. Chain is not getting any oil.

Any thoughts/solutions or ideas would be greatly appreciated:msp_biggrin:

Thanks!!
Cornfused (Jim)

Sounds like an air leak on the Husky. The Poulan may have a bad check valve.

137 husqvarna clam shell cap (crank shaft bottom cover) is loose. I know of 3 different saws that all done the same. I took mine apart and resealed it.

137 hhusqvarna clam shell cap (crank shaft bottom cover) is loose. I know of 3 different saws that all done the same. I took mine apart and resealed it.

Thanks superwd6... I suspected an air leak somewhere due to the hard landing it had. I'll pressurised it & check it out. Jim (cornfused)

#2...Poulan Micro XXV Super Deluxe - been carb kitted, all new fuel lines (thanks Mark for the great tutorial), new oil lines to oil pump/check valve. Valve tests good and has new filter installed. Saw runs well & has adequate compression (130p.s.i. @ 4 pulls). When it is ran with no b/c lube in tank it runs well and seems to have a surprising amount of power for it's size. When b/c oil is added to tank motor smokes heavily but runs well enough. Plug shows heavy oil fouling after 1/4 tank of fuel (mixed @ 40:1) and starts to loose power. Seems to be sucking b/c oil into crankcase some how. Chain is not getting any oil.

Seems very clear the b/c oil is being burned by the engine instead of going to the bar and chain. I'd double check the check valve. Could it somehow be in backwards?

Latest posts

Back