What's everyone's favorite Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently a 44, not a powerhouse but for the size has excellent power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a 142, 350, 55 and 272xp. The 55Rancher with a 16" .325 bar and muffler mod is a hotrod of a saw.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

All I have to say is this 272xp has never done me wrong. I love the power, balance, and simplicity. I like it more over my 372xp and while my ported 550 Mark II is a blast, this is still more practical for bucking hardwood. View attachment 863448View attachment 863455
My old 570 was the only saw i had for 10 years. Worked flawlessly. Now, my 44 is the go to for limbing and small stuff and the 576xp for felling and bucking.

I just like the 200 series over the 300s. I like the intake blocks over the boots and how simple they are. Not to mention this was pre xtorq and they didn't have many EPA regulations, and you could adjust the carbs fully. My only complaint is I wish they had springs vs buffers like the 300 series, but you can't get the best of both worlds. Really not that big of deal though. As for the 500 series, (I'm not even gonna mention the 400 series) I am mixed. I didn't really care for the early ones. Mainly with the hot starting and crank bearing issues. But from what I seen I think they have fixed all that with the Mark IIs. I ran a brand new never fueled 572 and I will say it would probably smoke my 372 once it gets broke in. My 2019 550xpg is just on a whole nother level.....

I really like my parents 460 Rancher, it's usually in my hands to keep the fuel fresh and the chain sharp. I have other, better Husqvarna saws but this one is just always ready to go, predictable in the cut, easy to maintain, and runs a 24" bar as well as I need it to. It was also our first Husky and made me fall in love with Husqvarna saws. We've used it hard for more than 10 years now, only lost a clutch (from misuse probably haha), bar, and chains.

Latest posts

Back