What's is there to like about wrap handles anyway?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's for making falling cuts from the 'Eastern' side of the tree. If you make these with the top part of the bar, it tends to push the saw out of the cut. With the bottom side of the bar, you can 'dog-in' and pivot the saw into the cut.

Philbert
I've had to make the back cut with the top of bar due to obstructions around the tree, wish I had a 3/4 or full wrap handle bar on that saw. It would've made the job so much easier, it's worth the extra weight and cost.

full wrap the only one i used was on a 660 and i find it handle for felling and if you need to use the saw upside down. :chop:

well if anyone wants this wrap to trade for a standard wrap Ill happily trade. Ive taken down trees as big as 48+ " with a standard handle without any issues. This wrap makes it difficult to adjust the chain with the skrinch and I dont like it one bit. Ill post pics tomorrow

I don't have a handle to trade but I've got $$. I could really use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Kinda funny, but I never had any trouble removing the clutch cover or adjusting the chain from any of my Stihl's with a factory 3/4 wrap. Is yours aftermarket or bent? And when falling or especially making a facing cut on a 50-60 inch tree using a 880, that wrap handle is mighty welcome.

Kinda funny, but I never had any trouble removing the clutch cover or adjusting the chain from any of my Stihl's with a factory 3/4 wrap. Is yours aftermarket or bent? And when falling or especially making a facing cut on a 50-60 inch tree using a 880, that wrap handle is mighty welcome.
Beats me...I've never messed with one before. Looks ok and not bent..but my skrench wont fit between the bar and the nuts to loosen them. I have to use a open end wrench. I don't run into trees that big, and I certainly won't be putting my hand that close to a moving chain. So I'm going to order a standard handle from Stihl today and take this one off cause I want to use it this weekend. I'll set the wrap to the side if anyone wants it.

gotta say, I don't like that 'newer' version vs what I have on my older 066s. On what's pictured you cannot get a skrench holder (Baileys) on that handle. mine isn't welded on the bottom like that...have a bolt that runs through the two at that point leaving room to slide the holder up.
and x2 on the shortie skrench...what came with the saw :p

I've got a madsens 3/4 wrap for my 660 and it works perfect. No problems with screnches

Latest posts

Back