What's On Your Bench? 01-17-2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 015L low comp no spark
Stihl 029 rebuild to 039
Stihl 009 low comp
Stihl BR 600 scored piston
Husky 272 demo saw blown up bad chrome plating missing on intake and exhaust side

20140118_171646.jpg I have a small pile of this series of saw so I thought I would grab the best parts and put one together. I did find something interesting while trying to find the best clutch, seems they put half inch chain on a few of these saws and in a rim configuration. Anyway I now have a like new 8 pin 1\2 inch rim, a 7 pin .404 rim went on instead as I plan on adding a long bar

In this little shop we have 32' of bench, and it stays buried....

Under just one of 08f's lost snackies :eek:
___

Nice mallee Brad - I reckon if you asked, someone could get you the timber to make your own if you are good with wood as well?

Tasmanian timber species are different again - Huon pine (if you want to build a boat especially), sassafras, myrtle and many others - not sure what would suit that use?

My bench is buried in crap. But all saws are ready to go, just finished wiring a trailer brake controller into my new 4wd - Toyota Landcruiser 100 series - with the 4.7 v8 petrol (2UZ-FE motor)..... it had practically everything else required already fitted.

Last edited:
sweet guns brad! I have been very busy....
ms440 new fuel system
029 super new fuel system
034av new fuel system recoil and side cover
all getting ready to head to the tradin post!
all to fund a rifle I have been drooling over:clap: and you think chainsaws are a disease......:givebeer:

The saw I'm working on only one thing fits on the bench. Craftsman known as a 1200B. I found it burried in a farm yard in a pile of mall 7 parts. Its free with a dose of wd and a bump from a wrench.
a2ehu8an.jpg

Well, what's on my bench for the weekend, is stuck on there for now...

The 10hp genny, this was given to me because the p.o. blew up his tv, pellet stove, and other stuff. Unfortunately, it was running too fast (turning about 4 grand), so I turned it down, but he didn't trust it anymore, so he give it to me..

The bolt holding the armature to the crank stripped, causing the armature to turn on the shaft. Took it apart a long time ago and ordered another bolt, but just did get around to fixing it. It also seems the governor needed adjusted too far out to get it to 3600RPM, but could have been because the armature was slipping. Carb was also taken apart and put through the USC also.

So here she is.

Took the back half off to make sure the governor was okay.

All seems well, also had forgotten which way it needed to be moved to adjust it, so needed a peek in there anyways.

So, here it is, all back together. Mostly. I lost one of the washers for the carb bowl... :(

And while I lifted it up there by myself, kinda forgot about lifting it off there with it all together.

Guessing will have to break out the engine hoist.

Will also say that if I do get to running good, its gonna get one of the reduced noise mufflers. These old Tecumseh's are insanely loud for some reason, ear plugs are a must when operating it.

Last edited:
MS 192 rear handle saw with broken connecting rod.
Finally found a crankshaft ass'y for my saw. Do I need a puller to replace the crank bearings?
Do the replacement bearing need to be heated before installing on crank?

I think that you would have better luck if you start a new thread. I don't know that saw, but I heat the case, freeze the bearings and install them. Then I heat the case and bearings and then install a frozen crankshaft. Others just heat the parts with a heat gun.

If old bearings are on the replacement crank you can try heating them and pulling.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Got a couple Poulans on the bench right now. One is a broken one I just acquired this afternoon, pops with mix in carb. Probably needs hoses and carb attention. The other stuff is a bunch of partially assembled Poulan 2000 saws and parts. I'll scoop those all into a box until I get ready to build another one up. Probably need to collect some more parts. I tend to run short on good clutch sprockets and bars for these saws.

MS390 right now. Waiting on bearings, seals and rings, then back together and go play.

Took this pic after i fired it off last evening.

100cc big bore kit mildly ported.
rings came in with 10 thou gap,30 thou squish.
needs a bigger starter handle !!
i cant pull enough to get a comp reading ! :)

I can start it but every comp stroke it kicks out the decomp,so it's pull and push,etc,,usually three times what little i started it last night.

8 pin rim,,will wear a short bar and should be fun in 18in hardwood or so :)

MVC-533F.JPG

Back