What's on your bench? 03-24-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the bench

Homelites
7-19C, 7/16" chain dead, sprocket dead, 21" hard nose bar good, makes noise (ohh yeeaah) with some mix in the plug hole.
707D, new .404 chisel 92dl, NEW 30" Carlton bushmaster(hard nose), new 8t rim sprocket.
examining governed VS ungoverned configuration.
Took 2 of each to make one each complete.

yne3esu8.jpg

udyvary8.jpg

I forgot to mention i also have a mall #7 on my bench (which is taking up my whole bench lol) it needs the works. all i know about it is that it has compression the rest is still a mystery untill i get home to tear it apart.

Got the mailman's 272 and 046 torn down, both saws are in horrific condition. Packed full of crud, been stored on the dirt floor of his barn for years and both missing their wraps handles. The 272 went back together today and is running good but the poor ole 046 has rough main bearings and big end rod bearing, about all he has there is a decent top end and okay fuel tank. The HD filter on the 272 had so much crud that it killed the engine as soon as I installed it. I had to scrape it out with a small tuning screwdriver, soak it in cleaner and blast it with air to get it flowing again.

Great looking fish tank Brad. I keep threatening my wife that I'm gonna bring one of the three tanks that were retired to the barn storage into the house and get a tank up and running w/ my 6yr old. Those cichlids should become entertaining picking on some of the others.

I'd like to see Brad do an exhaust port mod on them.:msp_biggrin:

Lee

brad will start with the filter and next thing you will know is the water will be swirling and the fish will be stuck in the intake of the pump. but on a serious note nice tank you have there brad . After a rough day it is very relaxing to sit in front of the tank and watch them.:clap:

Blow it off, and drop the rakers down to .035, send it back to work.

You Husky guys are prima donnas about air filters.

Clearly it's a problem. If you leave the filter off then you never have to clean it.

Clearly it's a problem. If you leave the filter off then you never have to clean it.

why use an airfilter? they're nuthin but dust collectors anyway:dizzy:
heard that from a person i went to (almost) buy a truck from. after i asked him where the aircleaner was while looking under the hood. he was totaly serius when he said it too.

A trio of 038 magnums - man they are robust saws. Two of them still running 160 lbs compression from Brazil.
Also a pair of 066's - the low hour red-light flat top surprised the absolute daylights out of me. Strong runner. Need a pair of cases for the poly flywheel 066 that had a tree set on it. Anyone?

Last edited:
Back