What's on your bench? 08-29-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i sorta cleaned my bench a little bit ago. and looked over the cyl that i took off of the 61 to272 swap a week ago. well noticed that it was an open port cyl ? 48mm anyone know what it was originally off of ? the saw didn't look molested before i did.:msp_rolleyes:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

getting ready to tear down an ms 170,,,, customer didn't want it fix and never picked it up so I guess it is mine,,, heck it has a brand new chain on it

Where did you go? Jaquas? I need to get up there with my dad in the worst way. Just afraid of what I will walk out of there with...

No, this is more than a shotgun store. It's called the Buffalo Trading Company. It's a newish store that's only been there a couple years. I'd never seen it before. The front of the store and inside looks like an old western store. There's more cool old stuff in that store than you can imagine. It's worth a field trip if nothing else.

No, this is more than a shotgun store. It's called the Buffalo Trading Company. It's a newish store that's only been there a couple years. I'd never seen it before. The front of the store and inside looks like an old western store. There's more cool old stuff in that store than you can imagine. It's worth a field trip if nothing else.

Neat-o. I will have to check it out when we make it to Jaquas later this year. IMO, Findlay is one of the nicest/ cleanest cities I have been to in the state.

I'm kinda starting to like this thread. We all come from different backgrounds and it's cool to share what we all do..

Week or so ago I did up that muffler for 359 that we put a 357 jug on. Thank you to Randy for the inspiration on the design.

yru2ahuq.jpg

Your welding is much nicer. :bowdown:

Nice 9/16"s:msp_wink:

LOL, those were at the lathe....

Double :bowdown::bowdown:

That mm is sick. Just got a welding tip for my tanks setup. Learning how to braze so I can mm my 361. I wish I had the nads to cut it in half and gut all the baffles, but I don't think I am there yet. I think I remember a recent build randy did where he did this. I would like to see a muffler cut in have then tig welded back together.

Double :bowdown::bowdown:

That mm is sick. Just got a welding tip for my tanks setup. Learning how to braze so I can mm my 361. I wish I had the nads to cut it in half and gut all the baffles, but I don't think I am there yet. I think I remember a recent build randy did where he did this. I would like to see a muffler cut in have then tig welded back together.

Thank you Randy and LowVolt. That muffler is actually silver brazed not welded. You want weld to look like that send ditto Alex.. Now that Guy can weld:thumbup:

Here is my 2150 muffler.
hyvy4ana.jpg

2159 mufler
ragy4y6e.jpg

2171 muffler
pa9avaze.jpg

Well, got the ol' pickup back together. So started back on the Apache popup.

Picture027_zps7a989d56.jpg

Got the new marker lights on it. The old ones were riveted in there, so had to take the panel off to get to them.

Had some patching to do also, not sure what's wrong with the picture though, something with Photobucket....

Picture040_zpsd67b9438.jpg

Not too shabby me thinks for my first time attempting it.

Picture043_zps6eac1fce.jpg

So made some progress, though did find out that the frame is gonna need some work. Looked really good when I first looked at it, but never thought to look under the box for the battery on the tongue. Will have to find someone to weld that one up...

An 028 WB, 026, 357XP, that all need a lot of love, and an MS 361 that I am trying to make go away :rock:

As far as those MM's!?!? Those are ridiculous. Someone could def make. Dollar or two just doing that. I know I have a couple I would send. :clap:

Latest posts

Back