What's on your bench? 11-9-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came off the bench.....Husky 266xp with a full wrap.

This is a custom build for a guy that I sold a 266 to about a year and a half ago....He loves the first one so much that he wanted a second one to commercially cut seismic lines in the oil patch, this winter.....Who says the old girls can't get it done. :rock:

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7632-1.jpg

Now that's not fun:(

Too true. :frown:

Been laid up for 4 days now with this crap and it's not getting any better. The wife is on her 11th day with it and she's FINALLY getting over it.

Sucks, I'd rather get sick when I'm not busy...! Grrr. I have a ton of stuff to do and it's at a dead stop currently.... :msp_angry:

Resurrecting 5 610 Macs and an 011avt. Have four of the macs running good and the lil stihl, one more mac to go. Still amazes me how tough these macs are, they've been sittin for 5 or 6 years and it didn't take much to get them goin. All are for sale anyone interested?

Approximate age?

T-Bone

Hard to say, as we don't really know if it is an A65 or a L65. If there is any referanse to TOMOS or Yugoslavia on the number tag, it was made 1974 or later. If not, it was made between 1968 and 1974, I believe.

Some will surely know more about this than I do, as I never found that model interesting.

Edit; Looked up some more info, and the starter cover points at an L65.

Last edited:
Hard to say, as we don't really know if it is an A65 or a L65. If there is any referanse to TOMOS or Yugoslavia on the number tag, it was made 1974 or later. If not, it was made between 1968 and 1974, I believe.

Some will surely know more about this than I do, as I never found that model interesting.

Alright well thank you for what you do know! Just got this in today, thought about tryin to talk the guy out of it ;) doesn't sounds like he has much use for it. "Just sits in the shop, might as well have it run"

T-Bone

My Stihl 025. Runs well but compression cold is 120PSI.Can anyone able to tell me what it should be?I thought that it should be someplace in the 145-150 range.The piston and cylinder are spotless so I suspect just worn rings.I am contemplating doing a complete rebuild on it.Rings piston bearings and seals.Ken

1. I just finished up a MS362 Iast night.
2. Go through and check out a 024.
3. Check out a MS460, then port it.
4. Play with my saws! 2165, 2153, piped 390XP.

The 362 is shipped. The 024 is ready to ship, other than replacing the air filter. The MS460 is on the bench. I cut a .030" popup in the piston and decked the cylinder base. It'll be getting a new crankcase gasket and seals before going back together. Then, I can start playing with my new saws:clap:

Back