What's On Your Bench? 2/15/13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last tool shop I worked in had a 6' granite surface plate that hasn't been resurfaced in years and is used as a work surface.
I have a cast iron 6' surface plate that I use in the shop for a work surface but seems it is too easy to pile things on it.

PM700 after rings and seals, still waiting for a couple little things.
DSC07248_zpsa5df3931.jpg

Three saws I unpacked today after a trip to TN for some TLC. A Mac 5-49 in pieces so that I can get the carb worked on. A colt .45 that needs a new link and pin. A Remington 591 that needs the bolt handle silver soldered back onto the bolt body(not my skill set). Lastly a St CroixV rod blank that I have to remove the finish off of some wraps I did because it didn't set up correctly(wrinkled for some reason). Outside is my pain and agony, my Merc XR-6 150 has at least one bad cylinder and needs a proper rebuild($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$). My bench overfloweth and for that I am thankful:msp_biggrin:

Shea

Mac 10-10, Mac PM610, Stihl 028 Super, older Craftsman string trimmer and a bunch of other junk that has accumulated. It all needs to move tomorrow because I need to get a truck into the shop for an engine change and clutch conversion.

Put handle half (carb box side) on a 200T plus carb kit tonight for the local REC. Will run it tomorrow. I guess a new guy was cutting poles with it:dizzy: and it pulled out of his hand and when it hit it broke the internal plastic nub that the shut off spring goes around so it wouldn't shut off.

They have been bringing me all there small engine stuff now so it fills time while I have no tree work.

i got an 028 sitting here that i got from a buddy for fixing his outboard. i really want to use it today but i have to wait for somebody to send me parts :monkey:

i'm still working on saws owned by people that think i'm a subdivision of unicef..
it's like a kicked there dog when i say it's going to be $300 because they loaned there saw out..

A 350 open port with fingers and a 372 carb. Also a 545 test bed saw.

Come on man!......lets put some pretty on the bench......Hahahahahaha!

[url]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/500honda/023-3_zps2d475782.jpg[/url][ zero/IMG]
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/500honda/022-4_zpsdaeae0eb.jpg

Eddie doing your jugs DC ?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ain't that anadoized blue pretty Randy?????......Not only does it have to run fast, but it has to look good too!.....Oh yaaaa! 16" Pondrosa Pine 16 tooth 404 practice chain.

Last edited:
Back