What's On Your Bench? 2/15/13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont yall know, echos smash stihls all day long. ask member echo670

plus 461s are super turds anyway.

Last edited:
The next weld job.

286214d1364014931-img_1552-jpg

View attachment 286214

Be nice if you'd show us a step-by-step of you doing it. I've always been interested in welding but I only have an AC/DC stick welder...can't do much on mag alloy with that.

you need a TIG that can do AC high frequency continues, not just start.
it's not the cheepet thing to weld one pound of filler rod costs atlest $100 so you better pick it up quick

Just completed a muffler mod on my Partner P85. I had done the typical tricks to the jug when I rebuilt it, but it seemed that it did not run as good as I thought it would. The inside of the muffler was one of those ones with a pipe extension of the exhaust port that ends at the front wall of the muffler and has about 20 or 30 little holes in the top and bottom. The cross sectional area of the sum of the lil' holes was about 70% of the port size. I thought it would be ok. What I did was cut a huge window in the top of the muffler to be able to access the insides, took the top of the perforated "pipe" out and then made a huge hole in the floor of the "pipe" as well. Now the exhaust gasses can exit the jug and into the muffler without going thru all of the lil' holes. Back pressure is controlled by the two factory outlets, about the size of a quarter. When I was done cutting the guts out of it, then I mig welded the window back up in the outer wall of the muffler can. Boy o mighty does it run now.

Last edited:
Lots of saw bits. Last weekend was a cutting trip.

Today was saw cleaning day.

Got the 340 clean, sans bar which needs a dressing and chain sharpening. Then it can go back together to await its next trip.

The 576 is half cleaned up, sans B & C which need dressing/sharpening. Then it too can go away.

And the emu legs 261 which decided it doesn't want to work when the oil filler cap broke off as I was checking and filling the bar oil prior to cutting last weekend. New cap(s) on order from Baileys, along with other "necessary" stuff :msp_wink:

Probably finish 2 of them over Easter. The parts for the 261 are probably more like 3-4 weeks away.

Man I have slept since 2-15, can't remember that long ago (age?)

I did get an SD 120 super off the shelf yesterday, fueled it up and proceded to cut all the ornamental grasses down.

It's been getting down into the teens at night, but them dudes know spring is coming. They are already shooting out some green!

Now we need some warmth and a little break from the moisture, so I can get the garden spot worked up.

Gonna be a busy time around here in a few weeks.

Damitalltohell,

The weather guessers just said we will be getting a foot of snow Sunday through Monday.

Couple that with 30 MPH winds, flat open areas,,,,,,,,,,,, guess I better go out and put that new fuel pump in the old Dodge.

It's been sitting with the tank on the floor for a week, just don't like laying on me back on the cold concrete, but duty calls!

Last year it was in the 70s and 80s on this date.

Latest posts

Back