What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the row at the top is that 7/8" pitch Atkins pond and deck chain...below that is Carlton 3/4" harvester chain... below the Carlton looks to be 5/8" Hank Disston or Blue Jet?...and maybe another type of 9/16"...Oregon or Blue Jet 1/2"...Oregon or McCulloch .404"...Oregon or Blue Jet 7/16"...Carlton .404"...McCullah .354"...Carlton or Sabre .325"...Stihl 1/4"?

dont know if your 2 404 wer miss print?

atkins 7/8
GB 3/4
titan 5/8
oregon #6 9/16
atkins 1/2 chamfer
oregon #18 404
unknown 7/16
carlton full comp 3/8
unknown .354
forgot what .325 I used carlton?
total brand 1/4

ya yer good grass hopper.. did ya cheat? phone a freind? ask the audience?:computer:

dont know if your 2 404 wer miss print?

atkins 7/8
GB 3/4
titan 5/8
oregon #6 9/16
atkins 1/2 chamfer
oregon #18 404
unknown 7/16
carlton full comp 3/8
unknown .354
forgot what .325 I used carlton?
total brand 1/4

ya yer good grass hopper.. did ya cheat? phone a freind? ask the audience?:computer:

lol, I got one right anyways...

I have an SP125C in pieces at the moment. Its all cleaned up, I have all of the new spares required for the build - I just need the time at home to assemble the saw. Next project will either be a Stihl Contra rebuild (depending on if I can find the cylinder shroud) or Homelite 2000 Automatic.

Really nice work on the PM271 gmax - it will look great when it is completed.

Regards,

Chris.

I have an SP125C in pieces at the moment. Its all cleaned up, I have all of the new spares required for the build - I just need the time at home to assemble the saw. Next project will either be a Stihl Contra rebuild (depending on if I can find the cylinder shroud) or Homelite 2000 Automatic.

Really nice work on the PM271 gmax - it will look great when it is completed.

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I'm missing the half the muffler, I'll make something to fit,
the SP125C should be a fun firewood saw when it's finished.

Heres my Hoe-Bow R11 I just had on the bench.
Its going to need a carb kit.

It also has a 21 inch stright bar and chain for it.

cut284.jpg

cut287.jpg

cut262.jpg

cut266.jpg

Don't have much going on in the chainsaw department at the moment. However, I have a 100 pieces of each that need to be fire formed, then loaded. Kind of a PITA really.
.375 Hawk-Scovill
.450 Alaskan
.416 WSM-Improved

Home Super 2 that had cylinder filled with oil???? I bought it for a few dollars at a yard sale and the guy said it doesn't pull over? (I wonder why). Waiting on parts for the 056 Mag (bar stud) and gasket for the 041, piston for ms290, carb kits for the Mac 250's and 380's. Oh yeah blew a seal in the splitter control valve and waiting for those parts. One of these days they will all be runners.

Fo sho! Thanks again mang! I got the flatback out of it, and apart. Pretty simple carb... but holy cats... a rebuild kit is over 50 bucks! ...and that is from a Kart Place. :dizzy:

Gary

I feel the pain with ya. I have two 380's that have the same carb and leak like crazy.

TS 400 with broken rings and a bad flywheel side crank bearing,Dolmar 116 (various issues) and a hopeless husky 41 that I'm convinced is not worth my time more and more as time passes.:popcorn:

I've got a 372 on the bench right now. Then a 7900 with something ratteling in the muffler. :dizzy:
Then will be the 064 I took in on trade yesterday. I haven't seen it yet, but the trade was good enough I didn't need to see it. Guy said the piston was scored pretty bad so I'll probably be looking for a top end.

Andy

Got a 440 on my bench. Killed via bad crank seal last winter. Picked up a cherry used cylinder a couple weeks ago. Just ordered the piston kit today. Over the summer I have been getting misc. parts ie: impulse, fuel line, gaskets, DP cover, lrg spikes, etc, etc... So when the piston kit comes in she'll be a runner again!

I was going to do the 460/440 hybrid but the deal on the cylinder was just too good to pass up.

I've got a 372 on the bench right now. Then a 7900 with something ratteling in the muffler. :dizzy:
Then will be the 064 I took in on trade yesterday. I haven't seen it yet, but the trade was good enough I didn't need to see it. Guy said the piston was scored pretty bad so I'll probably be looking for a top end.

Andy

There's a few good 064 jugs floating around out here if you can't clean yours up.

I feel the pain with ya. I have two 380's that have the same carb and leak like crazy.

The flatback I had in the 640 I think was leaking because the gaskets at the diaphram had shrunk, and let the cover loosen up. When I took it apart... the 4 screws holing the diaphram plate on were finger tight...

Gary

nothing special; dolmar 120 si needs new shear pin, 032 stihl needs coil, wildthang(stump cutter) needs something, 2 ryobi weed eaters needing carb kits.

Mac 2-10...piston is not looking very good but compression is still high, hopefully it will clean up nice. Hate to take an entire saw apart just to have a look at the piston....grrrrrr.

That flatback Mac is also giving me the evil eye...:chainsaw:

Heres my Hoe-Bow R11 I just had on the bench.
Its going to need a carb kit.

It also has a 21 inch stright bar and chain for it.

cut284.jpg

/cut262.jpg[/IMG]

nice saw, Cliff. What does HOE stand for ?

I am getting an R11 next week. Hopefully it is as nice as yours. My previous 2 R11's were good for parts only :(

Thanks,

Its a Partner R11 rebadged as a hoe for a Company out
of New York that sold them as there own model back then.

Ahh what workbench? More like a parts bench right now. I have had no luck cleaning up a few jugs and some have chipping in the plating.:censored:

2 044/ms440. 12mm pin needs a jug and the 10mm needs a helicoil on the jug.

372xp: was running, but weak. Tore it down to find it is :censored:. Bought a piston for it and now I'm looking for a jug.

036: needs a jug. Just had a new meteor and seized up on me right away. Pressure tested fine. Totally has me questioning my ability to work on saws.:dizzy:

066: Just rebuilt it with a used crank and seals, new rings. Was running very nicely. About 2 tanks in, crank bearing let go and :censored: the piston. Got a crank, now I need a piston.

025: needs pressure tested, wouldn't idle.

Giant vac lo-blow leaf blower: runs but it is lean (not carb). Gonna get torn down now.

Umm, so many more that haven't been touched.

Back