What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opps, I forgot to mention that I pressure tested and it is golden. Not a drop at all in both pressure and vac tests. I almost think it was something to do with the fit of the piston. It never felt quite right even when brand new (Meteor piston on a 036 cylinder, which had never been cleaned up). I got the saw from Wes (scored 034 with torn intake boot) and made it into a 036. So I'm thinking cold seize (highly doubt it) or piston fit problems. Everything else looks and tests out to be fine.:confused:

Don't have much going on in the chainsaw department at the moment. However, I have a 100 pieces of each that need to be fire formed, then loaded. Kind of a PITA really.
.375 Hawk-Scovill
.450 Alaskan
.416 WSM-Improved

Yep. PITA! I have about 300 .25/06 Rem, 500 .222 Rem, and about 150 .22/250 40° Ackley cases to load. They've been sitting there looking at me and building up for months. I just couldn't be stuffed loading them :(
I'll have to load them soon as I'm running out of loaded ammo.

Last edited:
ol' Homy C-5.....have never had it runnin'......had it for 5 years.....fjxed it up with a b/c and a new r/d.....just gettin' a clean up and a carb rebuild....

On the bench, Well i have my
06 Ski Doo MachZ 1000 motor apart for
a crank replacement.
As far as saws go i have a Solo Twin with fuel issues.
Also have a couple Homelite 2100's in line for resto's.
As well as Mac 797 for a full blown restoration.

Lee

I still gotta tear it down a little more. Lots of "rigged" nuts and bolts... Also the plug wire is cracked and frayed... can a new one be installed/spliced on the ignition?

I have yet to even pull the ignition system off and even look at it.

Gary

On the bench is a 4200 Poulan completly torn down. Got a good used cyl for it today and the other day got a good crank, new brgs seals etc. I will be as good as new soon. Debating about painting it.

On the other bench is a Mac 300. Got a clutch rotor for it the other day and may tackle it tomorrow.

Next up is a CS-900EVL Echo to give a going over. Then maybe I'll get to restoring that other Poulan 245A, unless something else pops up to push it back again.

On the bench is a 4200 Poulan completly torn down. Got a good used cyl for it today and the other day got a good crank, new brgs seals etc. I will be as good as new soon.

OR

Knowing you as I do, even better than new.
You just seem to have some type of "magic touch" when it comes to those old Poulans.
Heck, it's all I can do to keep these old junks of mine running long enough to cut a load of firewood.

Mike

I still gotta tear it down a little more. Lots of "rigged" nuts and bolts... Also the plug wire is cracked and frayed... can a new one be installed/spliced on the ignition?

I have yet to even pull the ignition system off and even look at it.

Gary

Gary, I would get another known good coil.
They should be very easy to find. I don't like
spliceing a plug wire unless you absolutly have to.
If you can't find one let me know i might have
a good used one i can let go.

Lee

I'm still working on my PM271, it's nearly finished.
rhMedium-11.jpg

lhMedium-12.jpg

Currently have a Husqvarna 66 apart waiting while I gather parts for a complete rebuild including a 272 piston and cylinder. Next saw will be a 61 husqvarna that needs the same treatment as the 66. Also have a jonsereds 45E waiting for a carb kit. My brother has a Husqvarna 55 on my bench that he is going completly through also.:cheers:

Strunk Big Machete, (2) Stihl 031s, 032, 009, 075, and other stuff I have forgot about.

Latest posts

Back