What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
epicklein22
Opps, I forgot to mention that I pressure tested and it is golden. Not a drop at all in both pressure and vac tests. I almost think it was something to do with the fit of the piston. It never felt quite right even when brand new (Meteor piston on a 036 cylinder, which had never been cleaned up). I got the saw from Wes (scored 034 with torn intake boot) and made it into a 036. So I'm thinking cold seize (highly doubt it) or piston fit problems. Everything else looks and tests out to be fine.:confused:

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
Don't have much going on in the chainsaw department at the moment. However, I have a 100 pieces of each that need to be fire formed, then loaded. Kind of a PITA really.
.375 Hawk-Scovill
.450 Alaskan
.416 WSM-Improved

Yep. PITA! I have about 300 .25/06 Rem, 500 .222 Rem, and about 150 .22/250 40° Ackley cases to load. They've been sitting there looking at me and building up for months. I just couldn't be stuffed loading them :(
I'll have to load them soon as I'm running out of loaded ammo.

Last edited:
leeha

leeha

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
On the bench, Well i have my
06 Ski Doo MachZ 1000 motor apart for
a crank replacement.
As far as saws go i have a Solo Twin with fuel issues.
Also have a couple Homelite 2100's in line for resto's.
As well as Mac 797 for a full blown restoration.

Lee

GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
I still gotta tear it down a little more. Lots of "rigged" nuts and bolts... Also the plug wire is cracked and frayed... can a new one be installed/spliced on the ignition?

I have yet to even pull the ignition system off and even look at it.

Gary

Modifiedmark
On the bench is a 4200 Poulan completly torn down. Got a good used cyl for it today and the other day got a good crank, new brgs seals etc. I will be as good as new soon. Debating about painting it.

On the other bench is a Mac 300. Got a clutch rotor for it the other day and may tackle it tomorrow.

Next up is a CS-900EVL Echo to give a going over. Then maybe I'll get to restoring that other Poulan 245A, unless something else pops up to push it back again.

rms61moparman

rms61moparman

Addicted to ArboristSite
On the bench is a 4200 Poulan completly torn down. Got a good used cyl for it today and the other day got a good crank, new brgs seals etc. I will be as good as new soon.

OR

Knowing you as I do, even better than new.
You just seem to have some type of "magic touch" when it comes to those old Poulans.
Heck, it's all I can do to keep these old junks of mine running long enough to cut a load of firewood.

Mike

leeha

leeha

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I still gotta tear it down a little more. Lots of "rigged" nuts and bolts... Also the plug wire is cracked and frayed... can a new one be installed/spliced on the ignition?

I have yet to even pull the ignition system off and even look at it.

Gary

Gary, I would get another known good coil.
They should be very easy to find. I don't like
spliceing a plug wire unless you absolutly have to.
If you can't find one let me know i might have
a good used one i can let go.

Lee

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm still working on my PM271, it's nearly finished.
rhMedium-11.jpg

lhMedium-12.jpg

beavis331

beavis331

Wiggle wiggle wiggle
AS Supporting Member
Currently have a Husqvarna 66 apart waiting while I gather parts for a complete rebuild including a 272 piston and cylinder. Next saw will be a 61 husqvarna that needs the same treatment as the 66. Also have a jonsereds 45E waiting for a carb kit. My brother has a Husqvarna 55 on my bench that he is going completly through also.:cheers: