What's on yur saddle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bfly1 w/ 8 foot lanyard w/ special red snap (hard to find) hooked up w/ knut to right side d. 2 Petzl Caritools one on each side. Bungee saw lanyard hooked up to my right side, just behind the caritool. Bungee hooks to yates screamer, and 200t hangs from caritool on the right. on back i have one short loopie maybe 48" loop runner equivelant; it's made of 1/4" tenex: used for redirect; using HMS ball lock biner w/ that. Left side I have line mug which carries extra cord/pulley/biner, also contained is my Footlocker/lanyard. hanging from a non locking biner i have a false crotch and a retrieval ball for it. Just behind this i have a 16oz. throwbag w/ accessorie biner. That about it besides up front i have ISC captive eye biner fixed upon the bridge, also a hms ball lock, cmi micropulley and prusik cord. I carry my Zubat on the right leg. And that's about it on a regular basis. The rope guide comes along on the back for removals and for long prunes. Extra rigging supplies come on board as needed.

i have lanyard on my right, saw strap and 026 on da back.h/v with english prussic one biner,if i got to have 2 tie ins i use a taughtline always good to be able to tie a taught,if you burn your prussic out you can still get down,not that ive ever had to

Hey thats pretty slick Glens, I have a lanyard that I made kinda like that except I use a tress cord and a Swabisch with a micro pulley to tend it. I may try that one out some time.

Kenn

Glen,

Is the cord that you tied to the d-ring acting like a slack tender?

What size d-rings do you have? If they're large, does your cord keep the lanyard and hithc fair so that they don't invert?

Does the hitch stay snug?

I wonder if wire ties might accomplish the same thing.

Tom

10'lanyard and cmi ascender on my left.
1 non lock bine and 1 screw gate with a fig 8 on back.
one keychain binder with water bottle on back.
echo cs340 with 50" lanyard on right
zubat on right leg in scabbard.
two petzel tri act biners with ultratech prussic on front drings

I prety much use the same b'ness you guys are using, but I use 3/8" loopies instead of loop runners...more versatile and quite srong. Ms200 at work, 335 husky on my time. I prefer husky saw for the handles - otherwise both are great saws. Always have second splitail for the occaisional double crotch and maybe a double micropulley for frictionless redirects while climbing...

Last edited:
Hey aussie, why not try some plastic wedges, those metal ones look like they have seen some real action. And the plastic is easier on the saw chain if you accidently hit one.;)

ive used plastic wedges,there not in the same class,them wedges are years old and dont do much damage to a chain.my lead climber made me the lanyard.

New lanyard i spliced on this morning, before going to work. Worked awesome, and by adding the shackle where i did, i doubt the hitch will want to pull through th d as much.

Oh yeah, and couldn't be happier w/ the Caritool. Perfect match for the bfly.

Latest posts

Back