What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
I was looking at getting something lighter and less aggressive than my fs250r. The choices were fs94, fs90r, or fs100rx. Looks like its going to be the fs94. Its early yet, but I haven't heard anything bad about them so far.

Husky backpack blower sales have boomed here. Commercial guys are dumping their Stihls for the 570's and 580's. They don't care about a couple pounds, they want flat out performance. And they're getting it. Zero issues so far except for one machine that just didn't last on straight gas. Stupid Huskys gotta have oil. Pshhhhh

Air in motion with large volume is hard to keep quiet without adding weight and complexity. Engine noise as far as I can tell isn't any better or worse than any other brand. It's the blower fan intake and exhaust of air making the most noise.

Actually my worktunes are useless with the exahaust noise from my 580.of course it doesnt have a spark screen or diffuser either.not complaining I kinda like the sound of it.lol

I vote for the redmax 8500. I had a sweet 65cc kawi. Only 4 years old when some scumbag robbed it off the back of my stakebody. I was on the other side of the building and didn't realize it was gone till I got home and unloaded the truck. I replaced it with the husky 580, it's an orange 8500. It's barely broken in and I don't use it for my 11 lawns, my little hand held bg55 Stihl is strong enough for clippings on the sidewalks. It is easily the strongest backpack I've used. I liked my kawi over the br 600 at work and the husky beats that. It wasn't cheap around $600 with tax but I had a $100 gift card to my dealer so that helped. I'm looking forward to fall nowimage.jpg

Haven't run a backpack blower for years but I loves my Stihl FR-350 backpack brush clearing unit :D

Haven't got any pics handy but if you google FR350 you'll see some .

50 units were brought into Stihl Canada when I was still with the company and 2 were used as display units as shows . One was sent to our western branch and the other remained at head office . It was a damn shame they didn't market them better , they really should have sent some out in the field with big landscapers and forestry . These machines are very common in Europe but never really caught on here . I can use it for hours as the weight sits on your hips and you are only holding the shaft . It's excellent on uneven ground or hills and moving through brushy terrain . With .105 line it cleans up stemmy grass and weeds or a grass blade for tougher stuff which will clear sapplings as well or a saw blade will do small trees up to 2-3" no problem .

Unfortunately they never got much attention so the company sent the remaining 48 units back across the pond and the 2 display units were sold.....I was lucky enough to get the one unit which I have done a lot of paid jobs with clearing and cleaning up acres of land . In the 11 years I've had it I had to replace 1 flex shaft which was my fault and I had to do the fuel line and carb last year . I would guess that there is easy 150-200 hours on it .

I have seen one on Ebay and one on Craigslist for sale so somebody else must have brought some in. The did look really cool and I would love to have one someday.

I have seen one on Ebay and one on Craigslist for sale so somebody else must have brought some in. The did look really cool and I would love to have one someday.

I can only speak for Canada but it's possible some were brought into the US or were imported privately from Europe .

Anyone given a chance running one of these would soon realise how well they work both from physical ease and how well they are to use in different landscapes and cutting needs .

I believe Echo may have had one as well or still do .

I am modding a muffler on a Husky 150BT. It is semi restrictive. The biggest shock was that the outlet on the muffler was a third the size exhaust port on the cylinder! Interestingly, there is some kind mesh on the wall opposite the exhaust port In the muffler.

I know that is smaller BP blower but it all I need for leaves.

What did you think of it ?

Seemed to be a quality piece of equipment. Seemed to be good fit and finish. As is typical of these type events, there wasn't so much as a tall clump of grass anywhere to stick it in. I couldn't help but feel more than a little like a ghost buster. I bought a fs250r instead.

NJ landscapers are 90% Redmax. 9% Stihl. 1% Echo. For what it's worth.

Totally believable, if you have good support, most companies will buy whatever brand that dealer has.

The br600 is a very comfortable blower to use, maybe the most comfortable. The overall construction isn't on par with the quality of their pro saws IMHO.

The first RedMax distributor (and largest) in the country is based in NJ.

We're on our 6th RedMax distributor since 1992. But we're now with the largest for the past 3 years or so.

Welcome home. She started on the second pull and runs perfectly. It is a dream on the back.

8-L.jpg

9-L.jpg

10-L.jpg

11-L.jpg

I think you will like the quiter low idle rpm as well as the smoothness Brad. Mine always starts easy and has all the power I need, and that coming from me. At idle that br600 seems to put out the same air as my Shindawa 24cc 4-mix type does at wide open.

Back