What's the best stock chainsaw ever built?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2100, didnt you see the other thread about them?
Smooth and will keep chugging away under full load. The one I was was privileged to use recently was a pleasure to sink into big (for me anyway) wood.

Good Stock Saws

I had one of them 262xp's and it was good but,
I have a 116si and 120si and that 262xp would not cut as good as either one of them.
They were stock as far as I knew. Also have a Makita(dolmar)dcs6800i that I bought new and know it has no mods and it is about as torquey(spelling?)as I have run in the 65cc-70cc range, so my vote would have to be ? Like so many others have said, no one saw answer. I would put in a vote for the Makita dcs6800i if I had too.

I have run saw's, now for 24 year's, and evrything I could get my hand's on. The best stock saw I have ever run is a 2101xp. I don't even have to think about it.

Stock saws...hmmm

I am going to go with a McCulloch 10-10A. Muffler mod? Wait is that even a muffler? The only "mod" you could do is just take it off and just takes way too much effort. Its got enough torque to handle longer bars but light and agile enough to be quick with short ones. Fully adjustable carb, automatic and manual oiler, ridiculously easy to start, minimal plastic parts, and its American made. WTF more do you need?

Latest posts

Back