What's the best stock chainsaw ever built?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lhMedium-21.jpg

Are those hoses or brackets on the starter cover?

best saw in the 90cc class id say a 390XP

best saw in the 60-70cc class id say a stihl 440

best saw in the 30-40cc class, hands down the 346xp

best climb saw stihl 200T

Yea I saw that too... You know its funny but it does really show you that the best saw is just a matter of opinion... For me its:

90cc= 066
70cc= 372xp
60cc= 036
50cc= 026

Nothing wrong with the rest and they all run fine but its just what I prefer.

Can we at least agree on the definition of "best" perhaps?
Best = longevity? Fastest or most return on investment? Most productive? Easiest to use? Easiest to work on? Cheapest total cost of ownership? Highest resale value? Or (my favourite factor), the one that came the closest to curing CAD? What does "best" mean to you?

Best so far is 372 xpw, its just right and now they are all going down hill with epa crap:angry: The EPA imo will ruin anything they can ,they already ruined diesel trucks, now chain saws. I would not buy a new diesel again if my life depended on it. The way I figure it is; the EPA owes me for two 50k trucks their regulations ruined but I know I will never collect:(

Yea I saw that too... You know its funny but it does really show you that the best saw is just a matter of opinion... For me its:

90cc= 066
70cc= 372xp
60cc= 036
50cc= 026

Nothing wrong with the rest and they all run fine but its just what I prefer.

I hear you on that and what i've always said... its what one prefers and feels best in hand. Though this is not always a popular belief around here. :msp_confused:

Thanks!!

Those are oil lines, the oil pump is behind the starter cover.

Thought they looked like hoses of some sorts, but never seen a chainsaw with the oil pump behind the the starter cover.

Learn something new every day! :msp_biggrin:

Homelite super ez automatic. Ok boys.... Lets hear your critique!! Lol

Hey now.. My dad had one... and cut a hell of a lot of firewood in its day... then he stepped up to a homie 330... I had a 240 ( actually I still have both saws... I want to get them both running one day)

My fav? MS 361...

I don't believe in on overall best, but I do believe there is a best of the best class. And that goe's to a narrower margin of saw's, and for me here are a few.

Latest posts

Back