What's the biggest bar for an 088 to run .375 x .063 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Since I've only got a measly 36" bar for my 088 I need a bigger bar. My first choice is a Woodland Pro 41", because that will let me use the same chain as I use on my 660's with the Oregon 42" bar (135 links of .375 x .063). But it got me to wondering what's the biggest bar you other CSM'ers have used with .375 x .063 on a 120cc+ saw.

Bailey's sells up to an 84" that it says will run .375 x .063 on the 088.

BUT as I was going thru the old receipts I came across one where the repair shop wrote in that he had been running .404 chain on a .375 rim and that the saw was "to big" to run .375 chain. Of course I don't know the quality of the repair shop (it wasn't THALL10326).

So question for the combined knowledge base here (the BORG of CSM) what's the biggest bar for the beast with .375 x .63 chain?

I plan on doing my standard fleabay/CL used search because even just the next step up, 50", costs about what I paid for the saw.

My biggest bars are 60" but they run 375 chain just fine. I don't see a prob with 84" and 375 chain. New chain always stretches so I would just be real careful on retensioning with the first couple of cuts. That was one reason I built the outboard chain tensioner for the B3M mill, I still haven't got around to running that sucker.

Latest posts

Back