What's the current favorite lightweight bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tusmura is my lightweight of choice Cannons 's are nice to but not as light and more expensive and I can't tell the difference in wear between the two. Sugui's are really nice too but they are very limited in sizing. The stihl and husky bars don't wear as well and I have experienced some strange bending with them(husky bar grooves spreading unevenly).

I don't think this was around when I first looked, or if it was I didn't realize it included a chain too. With the chain, I definitely would have gone this route.

Since I already have the Tsumura, I think I'll stick with it.
That person is an EXCELLENT seller…I’ve bought several things from him over the years…

I’m stocked for life on 84dl .058, and I only have a 660 Mag are far as Stihl, so it’s more of something that’d be nice but definitely not necessary. There’s a well used Stihl .050 bar in my shop that I’m hoping wears out to .058, which is a much cheaper option.

But if I did have a stihl in .058 I could run it on any of my saws with an adapter.

I talked to another professional logger today and he said that he prefers the standard bar, not the lightweights. Here's why. The heavier bars cut faster with less effort on big tree trunks that he processes for the sawmill. Sometimes weight works in your favor when bucking the big stuff. That makes sense to me.

Back