What's the most impressive saw you've ever run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 44 husky really surprised me. Obviously not the biggest/baddest saw, but it's been the most impressive to me. I say that because it is 44cc, 30 years old, and cuts a lot stronger than it should.

The best out of the box saw I have ran was a true 066 magnum with the dual port muffler from the factory. Back in the late 90's working at a small engine shop had a customer order one with a 24in bar. I got to do the test, tune, and demo for the guy and that thing could throw a stream of wood chips like no other!

RM250 bikesaw
[video=youtube_share;NfU4Q32wLpM]http://youtu.be/NfU4Q32wLpM[/video]

EHP Alky/nitro 3120
DSCN2067.jpg

EHP 084 Gas saw
101_2099.jpg

But a saw that I was really impressed with was the 555. It wasn't the speed it was the overall comfort and decent power. I just wasn't expecting a whole lot from the AT feature but it was so smoothe.

Love reading that since I just picked up a 555 last week. I've run a few tanks of gas through it so far and I'm liking it.

In 2004, after 3 or 4 years of running a Stihl 290, I got a 346XP. Didn't know much about saws, but I could tell it was a lot better saw than I'd been running. But I guess I was always impressed with our 339XP. It did a lot for such a little, light-weight saw.

There's a crew I've contracted with to do some TSI on some of our properties. Three guys on the crew; they all run 346's.

It has my first new saw a :D Wild thingy :laugh: I heated the house for 7 years with it.

Now I know it is not the best cutting saw but for 115.00 it sure did cut alot of fire wood. Impressive: 7 years of free heat for 115.00 plus gas and oil, a few chains and a new oiler.

Go ahead and flame me!

Then I found this site and CAD set in.

Now I use mostly my ms 441cm but for the grand I have in it, it has a lot of cutting to do to impress me. Although I spend more time hauling wood now and less cuting as the family can't keep up.

The Poulan 8500 is a 5 cube saw that runs like a 6 cube saw. The McCulloch PM850, do I need to say more? Stihl 056 Mag II and my favorite saw the 125 McCulloch.

I didnt know they let guys from Tongie on this site, and where the heck is hedgefest? You think they will let a river rat from Desoto come play. I can bring you a dcs6401 to play with. Its about the same size and I have a feeling it can keep up with those 562's.

I don't know why not go herehttp://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/158438-1249.htm and pm hedgerow It is April 6th.

Husqvarna 2100CD, not the fastest, but it just keeps chugging along.

For a firewood saw, my Stihl 028S that Mastermind did his Tomfoolery on.

I read somewhere on AS that the Echo 670 is quite impressive, and not the least bit "jumpy".

I left one out, I pulled a old forest service saw out of a scrap heap, God only knows how long it sat outside under a 2 story pile of scrap, let alone how many hours it was abused by the USFS. All I did was a function check and fresh gas.

[video=youtube;hJoT1ZSvzL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJoT1ZSvzL0[/video]

Did I mention I found about 7 or so and have gotten to 4 of them and all the same result. For durability I would have to say the Homelite SXL has impressed me the most.

066 - Squish band and base cut, 176 psi, ported, custom tri-port muffler, 9 pin 24" full chisel square ground. Definately impressive :rock:

I live a sheltered life, and need friends with better saws. I have cut with a friends 361, and my Makita 6401 were a blast to use. Anyone care to help a brother experience 70 or 80 CCs?:msp_smile:

10 series McCulloch. My PM700 really impressed me when I got it tuned and running after I received it and rescued it from years of dereliction. with a 28"B/C running Stihl .404 full skip chisel chain, it will pull away from 372 XPW, which is an impressive saw in it's own right. for size/weight and overall saw awesomeness (especially the exhaust tones), the 10 series Mac takes the cake for me:rock::rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back