What's the most impressive saw you've ever run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have say any and all of our 046Rs and 460Rs. I have not purchased any 461Rs as yet, but they seem to be out front from what all of you guys that are playing with them are saying.

Safe cutting all

The most impressive small saw was a stihl 261 that Randy worked on. A 555 husky for a stock 60 cc home owner saw it will carry the mail. T he big saws I guess would be a PP655BP and Mac 125. :cheers:

It's all relative, IMHO.

Per buck, PP5020AV. Handles all the big jobs I get into, with no drama. Sings nicely, though.

Per pound, RedMax GZ4000. Great for limbing, bucking and some felling around here. Seems it'll outlast me, too.

And ... both go a loooooong way on a quart/pint of mix.

Nice not to have to take out a mortgage on either. Or contract the dreaded white-finger.

I have to say stock my new right out of the box 562xp cut dead even with a well broken in stock 372xp in 20" Ash. Anything bigger the 372 obviously pulled ahead.

I have to say stock my new right out of the box 562xp cut dead even with a well broken in stock 372xp in 20" Ash. Anything bigger the 372 obviously pulled ahead.

Sounds like music to my ears. Get to finally pick up my 562xpw and both 359's from Randy on Saturday.:rock:

Sounds like music to my ears. Get to finally pick up my 562xpw and both 359's from Randy on Saturday.:rock:

You'll love it. When the revboost kicks in hold on:rock:

I've heard revboost is no longer on the 562xp but the dealer says its on there and so does the Husky website so who knows, but if its no longer on the saws it still has some wicked throttle response.

Last edited:
You'll love it. When the revboost kicks in hold on:rock:

I've heard revboost is no longer on the 562xp but the dealer says its on there and so does the Husky website so who knows, but if its no longer on the saws it still has some wicked throttle response. Almost as stellar as an Echo 670.

Fixed for accuracy.

stihl 090 best saw ever hands down

I've owned and run the biggest poulans johnsereds huskies and stihls older and newer and if I knew when i started what I know now I would of bought an 090 right of the bat its the one and only saw I use now and id never buy anything else again it will cut anything with or against the grain there is no stopping it warm weather cold weather it runs like a top I'll take an 090 over anything for any job

Last edited:
I've owned and run the biggest poulans johnsereds huskies and stihls older and newer and if I knew when i started what I know now I would of bought an 090 right of the bat its the one and only saw I use now and id never buy anything else again it will cut anything with or against the grain there is no stopping it warm weather cold weather it runs like a top I'll take an 090 over anything for any job

You would take an oh nine oh for any job?
They may have there place in big wood but
i sure as heck wouldn't want to run one in
smaller stuff.

Lee

Yes I would I've pruned hedges with a 084 and I'd gladly do it with my trusty 090 I love a challenge anything to show some skills

Yes I would I've pruned hedges with a 084 and I'd gladly do it with my trusty 090 I love a challenge anything to show some skills

I've got no problems admitting the 090 is one of the greatest power houses ever. But watching one cut is worse than watching paint dry.

2101 been putting a smile on my face since i was a boy. But i will say for a 60cc saw the 562xp rocks!

Well I don't know whats wrong with the saws your talking about I have no problem gathering a crowd when I'm cutting many are impressed the way I use that saw and the way it cuts I barely touch small wood and I'm through it I'm not saying its the fastest saw in the world but it isn't slow and it doesn't slow down in wood it cuts anything at the same speed witch makes it faster than a saw that slows down in the big hard woods

Well I don't know whats wrong with the saws your talking about I have no problem gathering a crowd when I'm cutting many are impressed the way I use that saw and the way it cuts I barely touch small wood and I'm through it I'm not saying its the fastest saw in the world but it isn't slow and it doesn't slow down in wood it cuts anything at the same speed witch makes it faster than a saw that slows down in the big hard woods

Gathering a crowd? Do you charge admission?

Obviously I don't charge admission that was in response to the comment saying that watching paint dry was more interesting than seeing a 090 cut wood

Latest posts

Back