Whats the one saw that you will never get rid of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty in love with my muffler-modded 346XPNE. Enough to want another one to put up. With a fresh loop of 23RSC66, it is an angry little saw. I think maybe angry enough to be a "one saw plan" saw? :msp_scared:

Surely, but I would have changed that chain for Oregon 20LP(X)66 - it simply is a better chain! :D

I am pretty in love with my muffler-modded 346XPNE. Enough to want another one to put up. With a fresh loop of 23RSC66, it is an angry little saw. I think maybe angry enough to be a "one saw plan" saw? :msp_scared:

Great one saw plan!

The OE worked for me for 9 years...

Then I found this place and started collecting more saws than I needed.

:cheers:

It would have looked better with the low filter and cover on it, but that might be a problem in Aussie land - have you tried? :msp_unsure:

Kind of like this? I also like the low top better...

This is the other saw I'd have a hard time lettin go of.

365c.jpg

365b.jpg

I like all the saws I have for their intended purpose but I think I would part with any of them for a perceived upgrade. The 026 I may have a bit of a struggle with as there are ties to the past with that but I would trade it for an MS261...

I like all the saws I have for their intended purpose but I think I would part with any of them for a perceived upgrade. The 026 I may have a bit of a struggle with as there are ties to the past with that but I would trade it for an MS261...

If it were me I would be trading it for a 346xp. Just sayin. :)

all my saws are in my sig aside from parts saws, and if i could keep only one i think it would be my 026 PRO. it was my first saw, wife bought it for me, and it can handle most of my cutting needs.

This is like asking a woman if she could only have one pair of shoes which ones would she keep. If I had to pick one of my saws to get rid of I could probably do that, but it wouldnt be easy.

Mine would be my Dad's Grey top Husky 44. It is NFS. I love those little saws they are light, nimble and cut above their cc's. Pulls a 18" .325 x 72dl with authority. Love it so much I have 8 of them 1979's-1984. Yeh I'm compulsive obsessive. SO WHAT I'm among friends.
Shep

I've got an old early 90's 268xp sitting in a friends garage I bought new as a first pro saw. I guess it's transcended it's value of a simple saw. However - whether saws, guns(even my machine guns and silencers), trucks, cars, etc etc are all for sale or can be taken from me without leaving much of a void. But try and take my dog, and I will murder you with my bare hands if you got to the saws first.

ROMAN ROCKET - FAITHFUL GREYHOUND COMPANION MEMORIAL AND TRIBUTE

Greyhound Rescue Adoption Europe

medium.jpg

I only have two saws aside from throw away plastic poulan junk. The 346xp and 372xp are the perfect pair for the work we do around here--can't really imagine getting by without either one. I do not really have a sentimental attachment to the saws, just love the way they perform and make the work easier, even a little enjoyable. I use the 346xp for 75% of the work in overgrown fencerows etc., it is just so nimble and has the pizazz to grunt a little too. Having said that If I was forced to, I would probably choose the 372xp, as it is needed for felling and bucking larger wood. If I needed, I could limb etc., with the 372 (it also handles like a dream), but it would be asking a lot of the 346 to fell and buck 25"+ timber.
:cheers:
TimView attachment 205149

Last edited:
Back