Whats the real truth.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chainsaw God must be frowning down upon you, you must repent, or you will be cast into eternal Hell and forced to use a Wildthing for eternity:greenchainsaw: Have you scored me any prozac yet???

Last edited:
If it's one thing that you truly don't need, it's bad chainsaw karma. If you're going to keep this ever so questionable saw, I'd double up on the PPE.

I think some of you are being a little hard on the guy, he didn't say he stole it. For what ever reason he felt like posting this I don't know, but is it really his fault that someone might have stole it, and resold it? How many of you buy stuff off ebay? How do you know that saw isn't stolen or put together with stolen parts? So if you don't check your source aren't you just as guilty as he might be? Everyone is quick to judge this fellow and say turn it in, why? Is it really the right thing to do, be a victim of someone elses crime if it is really stolen. I don't think a single person knowing the consequences would, regardless of what you might say otherwise. Who the heck is going to incriminate themselves for getting themselves in a deal which they find out later on to be a bad one? This seems like the the guys I used to go to church with that was an elder and neighbor, now I'm not religious one bit, at all. But one day I was sitting in the local nudie bar and I look over and there he is, this is the same guy that is shaking my hand, patting me on the back on Sundays praising the lord and the next dropping ones in the g-strings. Find out later he cheats on his wife and smokes a little dope now and again. I'm just saying this world is full of sayers, not doers. I don't believe a single one of you would turn those saws in.

I think some of you are being a little hard on the guy, he didn't say he stole it. For what ever reason he felt like posting this I don't know, but is it really his fault that someone might have stole it, and resold it?

No, it's not his fault that it was stolen. It's just his fault that he chose to BUY it. The circumstances of the sale were plenty screwy enough to alert any honest person that there was a high probability of these being stolen saws.

How many of you buy stuff off ebay? How do you know that saw isn't stolen or put together with stolen parts? So if you don't check your source aren't you just as guilty as he might be?

No. Something sold on eBay is being sold openly, and usually for a price that puts it out of the "Yeah, this has GOT to be hot!" category. If it's NOT, of course, honest people don't bid on it. A low price BY ITSELF doesn't automatically mean 'stolen'.

It's not about the POSSIBILITY that something might be stolen, it's about the HIGH PROBABILITY, based on the price and other circumstances surrounding the sale. That's why the law is worded the way it is.

Everyone is quick to judge this fellow and say turn it in, why? Is it really the right thing to do, be a victim of someone elses crime if it is really stolen.

It's not being a victim of someone else's crime, it's paying the price for HIS crime, which was chosing of his own free will to buy something when there was plenty of information availble to say it was almost certainly stolen. That was nobody's crime but HIS.

I don't think a single person knowing the consequences would, regardless of what you might say otherwise. Who the heck is going to incriminate themselves for getting themselves in a deal which they find out later on to be a bad one?

He didn't "find it out later". He had all the information when he made the purchase. He got worried about it later, but that's a different animal.

I don't believe a single one of you would turn those saws in.

Very likely not, for the simple reason that most of us would never have bought them in the first place.

By the way, the fact that there are hypocrites in the world doesn't make it right to do the wrong thing. That's about the lamest argument there is.

Why didn't you hear about the theft? It was probably 7 states away from you. These guys don't usually sell this stuff two miles down the road from where they stole it. Didn't you ever watch "The Dukes Of Hazzard". Boss Hogg either brought in stolen stuff to sell, or was stealing stuff and shipping it out to sell elsewhere.

+1, it definitely sounds like one of Hog's operations, Rosco was definitely in on it to (he always was).
gwc6.jpg

I think some of you are being a little hard on the guy, he didn't say he stole it. For what ever reason he felt like posting this I don't know, but is it really his fault that someone might have stole it, and resold it? How many of you buy stuff off ebay? How do you know that saw isn't stolen or put together with stolen parts? So if you don't check your source aren't you just as guilty as he might be? Everyone is quick to judge this fellow and say turn it in, why? Is it really the right thing to do, be a victim of someone elses crime if it is really stolen. I don't think a single person knowing the consequences would, regardless of what you might say otherwise. Who the heck is going to incriminate themselves for getting themselves in a deal which they find out later on to be a bad one? This seems like the the guys I used to go to church with that was an elder and neighbor, now I'm not religious one bit, at all. But one day I was sitting in the local nudie bar and I look over and there he is, this is the same guy that is shaking my hand, patting me on the back on Sundays praising the lord and the next dropping ones in the g-strings. Find out later he cheats on his wife and smokes a little dope now and again. I'm just saying this world is full of sayers, not doers. I don't believe a single one of you would turn those saws in.

I'm not religious either, but that has nothing to do with this discussion.

• If you buy something with the serial numbers removed, whether it is ebay or any other means, you are dishonest.
  • if you buy something brand new for 1/3 the retail value from out of someone's vehicle, you are dishonest.
  • If you buy something and the seller tells you to not take it to the dealer for warranty work, you are dishonest.
  • if you buy something and then start feeling guilty and trying to rationalize to ease your nagging conscience, you are not honest.
  • if you buy something with all of these factors present, you are a liar and a thief, period.

The law is very clear, "theft by receiving." What is a thief? Someone who commits theft. I don't care who you are, what you claim, or what you do, if you buy something under these circumstances, you deserve to be hog tied and horse whipped.

• If you buy something with the serial numbers removed, whether it is ebay or any other means, you are dishonest.
  • if you buy something brand new for 1/3 the retail value from out of someone's vehicle, you are dishonest.
  • If you buy something and the seller tells you to not take it to the dealer for warranty work, you are dishonest.
  • if you buy something and then start feeling guilty and trying to rationalize to ease your nagging conscience, you are not honest.
  • if you buy something with all of these factors present, you are a liar and a thief, period.

The law is very clear, "theft by receiving." What is a thief? Someone who commits theft. I don't care who you are, what you claim, or what you do, if you buy something under these circumstances, you deserve to be hog tied and horse whipped.

You, Sir ..

are Exactly correct ..

'nuff said... everyone has Personal Choices to make

No. Something sold on eBay is being sold openly, and usually for a price that puts it out of the "Yeah, this has GOT to be hot!" category. If it's NOT, of course, honest people don't bid on it. A low price BY ITSELF doesn't automatically mean 'stolen'.

By the way, the fact that there are hypocrites in the world doesn't make it right to do the wrong thing. That's about the lamest argument there is.

Thats funny, just tonight on the CBS evening news they had a segment on gov't fraud. And one of the things was how alot of military items like mil spec night vision scopes and other military items were selling on ebay, including F14 parts, No those items weren't hot, not at all, not on ebay.

I never said that because the world if full hipocrites that it is okay to steal, I said that there were some hipocrites on here saying they'd go turn themselves in.

Thats funny, just tonight on the CBS evening news they had a segment on gov't fraud. And one of the things was how alot of military items like mil spec night vision scopes and other military items were selling on ebay, including F14 parts, No those items weren't hot, not at all, not on ebay.

I never said that because the world if full hipocrites that it is okay to steal, I said that there were some hipocrites on here saying they'd go turn themselves in.

F14 PARTS?!?!

Those are supposed to be locked up because Iran still has 70 F14's we sold 'em back in the 1970's. Anyone selling those parts would be traitors and endangering national security.

[*]if you buy something with all of these factors present, you are a liar and a thief, period.

+1 Can't argue with the thief aspect too much, but he's telling the truth here. He just doesn't want to deal with what the truth is screaming.

Ian

Last edited:

I hate it when you are so damn right:chainsaw:

F14 PARTS?!?!

Those are supposed to be locked up because Iran still has 70 F14's we sold 'em back in the 1970's. Anyone selling those parts would be traitors and endangering national security.

Agree'd but it sounds like they have their own parts already!!:cheers:

I can see Space living on the street, as a "street lawyer" - representation for those with nothing..... Ambulance races by... and he doesn't even blink...

Before you ask...the sky is green on that planet..

Just a couple of thoughts

If a truck full of goods has an accident the insurance carrier will many times pay off the entire contents of the load whether of not some of the load does not appear damaged.

Once this occurs the insurance company owns these items and can dispose of them as they see fit.......in this case it is possible that an agreement was made that the serial numbers would be removed from the goods to ensure that no unchecked possible hidden damaged saws were given a guarantee.

Another large brand name disposes of such saws occasionally by dis assembling the saws then selling out the parts with certain parts not available.

So there is a fair chance that these saws were not stolen

Back