Whats the strangest thing you have ever cut/seen cut with a chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlhead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What's the wierdest thing you have cut or seen cut with a chainsaw? I have heard some stories and know there are more out there.

I watched a guy split a beef with a chainsaw, just dumped out the bar oil and started cutting the full length of the back bone. I also watched him cut up deer in the same fashion, slitting them and cutting the legs off.

Cutting up cattle beasts for the dogs a saw running vegie oil worked well.

One of my clients works for weta workshop (the special effects company owned by peter jackson) and they have an electric saw running a 42 inch bar for cutting polystyrene that they use for making mock ups.

Cut some round bales down to size one year when we ran out of small squares. The more shot the chain is in this application, the better. Lots of clutch area cleaning involved too. It wasn't fun to say the least, but cows gotta eat.

I have to use an electric chainsaw at work to cut up 3" and 4" coils of polyethelyne pipe.the coils are up to 500' long with an outside diamiter of 8' and up to 4' wide.I do have to say that Stihl makes one tough electric chainsaw.:chainsaw:

Back when I was still a firefighter we had a fire in a newly remodeled house. The fire was in the wall of the front room and I had the task of firing up the chainsaw in this beautiful room with the owners wondering what I was going to do. Fortunately I only had to make a few minor cuts. Another fire in a heavily invloved house I cut fronm one room into a wall but stuck the bar in a bit too deep. I cut through the bathroom mirror and the vent pipe. On yet another fire in an semi-abandonded building, a large old hotel, I was cutting through plywood that had been nailed over the fire exit. The problem was that behind the plywood was the original door and the panic bar. The panic bar knocked a bunch of teeth off a carbide chain.

I've also cut heavy quarry conveyor belting with a chainsaw. On purpose this time. Dinged the infeed of the chipper a few times too.

PVC Pipe, there was melted PVC sludge inside the cylinder.

Wait...when you cut the PVC pipe you got melted PVC into the inside of your chainsaw's engine? Or you mean the pipe kinda melted while cutting it and got sludge on the inside of the pipe?

I've cut lots of plywood with mine, 2x4, 2x6 and other random pieces for my "rouch cut carpentry." I almost always use the 2250 w/12" for this, mostly because it's the quickest to sharpen lol.

Latest posts

Back