Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use my small saws more, but my favorite is the 7900, it's not all that heavy and has the big-cube force. And I like the exhaust note more than the 5100.

Well this really sucks!! One saw HUH?
Laugh all you want, but for small take downs, firewood and general trimming, I would keep my Husky 350 and sell the others!! When I get some more time on the 346xp it may move up the food chain, but right now, the 350 has never let me down and did everything I needed to do for three years.

If all I was going to do was fence rows, firewood processing, and felling, I would keep the 046BB. I can drop to an 18", and if I really needed to, run a 42" bar. Too heavey to try and climb for me, and gets heavey all day use, but it cuts it FAST!!!

I really don't have a favorite! but if push came to shove I would say my Sp105 as it is a mans saw not some girlie frilly thing!
Sorry I wished I caught this thread sooner!:hmm3grin2orange:

046 Bb

my 046 BB, got the saw given to me wore out out, rebuild it-wore it out again, and have rebuilt it as a BB, ive got a complete rotating assembly and will run it till i can't rebuilt it anymore, but the 066 im rebuilding might be my new fav.-its got some serious shoes to fill tho

288xp through 'till about lunch time, but by the end of the day I'm not so sure... get me something lighter.... :^)

got a mildly worked 750 that may be the heaviest saw i have used and not the fastest,but definitley the best sounding.

Probably my 361, its the saw I would have if I could only have one.

Its also the biggest I have, so that helps.

...Well for a bit I guess.

A Jonsered 2071 power ported by Dozer Dan. As fast or faster than a good running 394XP in 20" hardwood and a whole lot ligher.

I would have to say my o46 mag dual port It always puts a smile on my face when I use it. also when ever I get to use a 020t that is an impressive saw even though I dont have one --- yet.

(2) cs-3400
cs-3000
162se my first husky
mac 15

The more I get into something the more catagories I have for it. The MS260 best for limbing. The MS361 best for all around use. Polesaw is the best for cutting high branches. I enjoy using my MS260 the most because it is so light I do not get tired. But if I could only pick one saw to keep it would have to be the MS361.

Latest posts

Back