Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could change tomorrow.

Because of my reluctance to take the new toys out to play in the ice and mud, I haven't had a chance to really give any of the new saws (MS361, JREd 2171 or Makita 6401) acquired in the past 2 months as the result of the acquisition afflictions associated with joining site a real workout. So for the moment my first choice is still the 372XP.

The weather is sure to get better sometime, and then my opinion "could change tomorrow".

That's easy!

My one saw has to be my Husky 55.
That 15 year old beauty does nothing but keep on cuttin'. It's not speed or power that makes it my best saw. For me it's dependability that matters.

Al

Last edited:
Husky 268XPS, it flat ROCKS. I've never seen a stock saw in that cc range cut any faster, most don't cut nearly as fast, dead solid reliable too.....I just wished they would have put a compression release on it!......Cliff

chainsaw one and only

if i was down too one i would stay with for personal use my p60 pioneer it is 99cc so she can is capable of running any bar from 14"'s -42"'s:greenchainsaw: :clap: . for pro use i would say js cs81 it is 81cc and is capable of running any bar from 14"'s -42"'s:greenchainsaw: :clap:
:cheers:

Because of my reluctance to take the new toys out to play in the ice and mud, I haven't had a chance to really give any of the new saws (MS361, JREd 2171 or Makita 6401) acquired in the past 2 months as the result of the acquisition afflictions associated with joining site a real workout. So for the moment my first choice is still the 372XP.

The weather is sure to get better sometime, and then my opinion "could change tomorrow".

3 nice saws spanning quite a small size differential. Is that Western Ma. as in Berkshires? Some beautiful firewood out that way. Almost 70% hardwoods!

My favorite used to be my 670 JohnnyRed, but now my go to saw is my 262XP. The power of a 70cc saw with the weight of 60cc.

After the 262XP its the 5100 of course

This is an old thread, but I'll weigh in...I love cutting, so my favorite saw is whichever one I just shut down after a long day felling and bucking pines up in the Uintah mountains. I don't own any crappy saws.

saws are like pringles can't have just one. i love all of
saws BUT if i gotta pick one all around saw it would have
to be my 254xp:rockn:

Best Saw

This one is as close as the Democratic nomination fiasco. My new 1985 028 is at the top of the list, but a close second is my Husky 55. The 028 is as reliable as a tax hike from the democratic committee.I would have to say the Stihl gets my vote, but the democratic will never get it.

Latest posts

Back