What's your favorite chainsaw file ....Nothing quite like a brand new chainsaw file for sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August76

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It's funny when you realize your file really isn't working all that great anymore and you grab a fresh one wow what a difference these are the files that Stihl sell.
Had a few files from Forester but they seem like junk they dull fast.
What is your favorite file for sharpening.20181111_142608.jpg 20181111_142630.jpg 20181111_142614.jpg 20181111_142621.jpg

As a newbie to all this stuff, I have a Stihl file and it is the only one I have tried so far, and it did give me great results to a chain that was throwing powder. And this was also my very first ever attempt. When filing, it did feel it grabbed very well.

As a newbie to all this stuff, I have a Stihl file and it is the only one I have tried so far, and it did give me great results to a chain that was throwing powder. And this was also my very first ever attempt. When filing, it did feel it grabbed very well.
Nice. Almost seems like there's an art to sharpening a chain properly

Very happy with this baby:

s-l1600.jpg

Very fast to sharpen and always cut perfect....

I use husky files. But that is because they come with that super awesome husky file guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen that one. is it like the thing stilhl sells that has the file and the other file to set the rakers all-in-one deal?
I don't use a guide when I sharpen my chain I used to but I quit. I can get more of a hook and get the gullet

They do seem to work the best from what I've seen
You havn't tried a good "un" used to use Save edge but they became difficult then expensive to source so now it's Vallorbe or Sandvik/Barhco the best I've ever used were a pack of 3 unamed supplied by the rep for Sugihara bars when asked for an encore he said NLA, shame.

Latest posts

Back