What's your knife mines a gerber 97223

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already showed why I don't need an axe in the scrounging wood thread. I have. Cut my left thumb, twice to the bone lol. Super glue does great for those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You didn't learn after the first time?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

You didn't learn after the first time?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Nope, zip ties every time. Both times the tip of my thumb was numb for a few weeks. Cut my third finger as a little kid all the way down it opening my uncle's case knife.

I use reusable plastic cups and plates. Chain saws probably isn't a good hobby for me lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just got this SOG Trident. So far I like it. Little bigger than what I like for everyday carry.
cf0e118873b766b57d866ddaf1100ab4.jpg
ad8317e2a1c484ef96f7c30f131f514e.jpg

I only need a good knife when I'm at the butcher table and I use Forschner. I prefer the 5".

Not a good pic but a Calr Schlieper carbon steel German Eye, missing emblem. This was a knife someone had washed in the washing machine and let it rust so bad one of the back straps was broken. Cleaned it up (somewhat) and sent it off for repair. Been a favorite carry ever since.The other is my 84' US made Old Timer. Real good steel.
20161112_201104.jpg

20161112_202249.jpg

Here are some that are in my desk. Seems I keep getting them as gifts.. The one I carry most is far right, middle.. it was actually stamped John Deere but it is a Smith and Wesson I believe.. Never had I a problem taking a knife with me on holiday while packed in my checked in luggage but i once forgot the pin from a grenade in a pair of trousers and that caused a lock down of sorts. :eek:IMG_20161112_222030.jpg

i got hold of a mangy rambo survival knife when i was 20 yold it had toy type a compass in hilt top and handle hollow for matches and fishing line a plastic handle real POS... its stayed with me ever since working just fine when needed. i lost it a few times but always found its way back to me, the last time was this year it ended up at my gun club & i found it 3 months later..

http://www.orionfoundation.org/survival_knife.htm

A family heirloom is 303 bayonet with mint marking Slaz 44 from what i can work out that year of manufacturer by slazenger 1907 to 44

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...tralian-1907-42-bayonet-mint-unissued-410787/

WP_20161113_004.jpg

Here are some that are in my desk. Seems I keep getting them as gifts.. The one I carry most is far right, middle.. it was actually stamped John Deere but it is a Smith and Wesson I believe.. Never had I a problem taking a knife with me on holiday while packed in my checked in luggage but i once forgot the pin from a grenade in a pair of trousers and that caused a lock down of sorts. :eek:View attachment 536836

S&W doesn't make knives, they are just rebadged. (That's right from the horse's mouth, my brother is an engineer for them)

41EeJ-IPLLL._SL500_AA130_.jpg I like this one because of the saw blade and it fits nice in the pocket, been carrying it for years.

Latest posts

Back