When, if ever, are the 590xp and 595xp saws coming out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
Will they be autotune and will they have the bugs worked out or leaving that to bleeding edge early adopters to help them with?

it most certainly will be AT. can't be 100% sure but the buddy of mine who had one doesn't have it anymore. he had to send it back the husqvarna. he said it still ran good to after 3 years production. one things for certain, i will own one. mostly because i have to run something and hate the 661 lol i think the bigger husky AT's are gonna be impressive units. husqvarna are really taking their time to make sure they get it right which is the way it should be. as long as i see no bottom end issues like on the 390 i'll be happy. i doubt we will see a 595 though. more then likely something over 100cc if at all. here in Canada husky discontinued the 395 for close to a year and then brought it back all the sudden. wonder if that has anything to do with new saws coming out? like maybe they pushed their release date out?

it most certainly will be AT. can't be 100% sure but the buddy of mine who had one doesn't have it anymore. he had to send it back the husqvarna. he said it still ran good to after 3 years production. one things for certain, i will own one. mostly because i have to run something and hate the 661 lol i think the bigger husky AT's are gonna be impressive units. husqvarna are really taking their time to make sure they get it right which is the way it should be. as long as i see no bottom end issues like on the 390 i'll be happy. i doubt we will see a 595 though. more then likely something over 100cc if at all. here in Canada husky discontinued the 395 for close to a year and then brought it back all the sudden. wonder if that has anything to do with new saws coming out? like maybe they pushed their release date out?

I'm interested in the bottom end issues you mention on the 390. I'm wondering if a majority of these failures are involved with saws left up on the mountain in the bushes over nights and weekends?

here in Canada husky discontinued the 395 for close to a year and then brought it back all the sudden. wonder if that has anything to do with new saws coming out? like maybe they pushed their release date out?
Or they are trying to clear 'em because the 590 release is imminent? Yeah, na. Would be a cool story but needs more dragons.

I Don't think so, the main issue I'm having is the crank spins in the inner race of the bearing. The bearing is then a bushing lol I've loctite 620 2 that are actually holding up well. I welded on bearing to the crank because even loctite wouldn't fix it. It was a lost cause though as it was ran for a long time like that. Even a new bearing was a sloppy fit. Other then that the big ends go. I blew one last week but thankfully I noticed it before it completely came apart. Replaced crank with a used one that had spun on the main but used loctite. Getting sick of them for the most part. Hate to say it but I'm starting to miss those 660's I sold lol. 390's are way nicer to run though. Husky better do something about the bottom
End issues or I'm switching to dolmar.

i have to run something and hate the 661
That about sums it up for me too. Not so much hate the 661, just the lottery aspect of it and the way Stihl not only went about the release and re-release but the treatment of guys here who had problem/schizophrenic 661s. For those who got a good one, they are stoked with it. The others, not so much.

That about sums it up for me too. Not so much hate the 661, just the lottery aspect of it and the way Stihl not only went about the release and re-release but the treatment of guys here who had problem/schizophrenic 661s. For those who got a good one, they are stoked with it. The others, not so much.

Stihl seem to be pretty good about warranting them here but they are getting rediculous. Left and right there's a dead 661 lol

I'm interested in the bottom end issues you mention on the 390. I'm wondering if a majority of these failures are involved with saws left up on the mountain in the bushes over nights and weekends?

I've heard of the trouble westcoaster90 speaks of, though it supposedly was a bigger problem with earlier (maybe pre-2013) models. As mentioned, the bearing was ever so slightly too big for the crank, or rather, the crank was too small for the bearing. I'd imagine that if it was "fixed" and westcoaster still has those problems when replacing bearings, its because the newer cranks are now slightly bigger (hence why his new bearing is a 'sloppy fit' on a used/older crank) and the bearing hasn't changed. Though this is just my guess, and I have no actual confirmation on it.

Another possible reason for the bearing failure would be the inboard clutch, and I'd wonder if a new 590xp would continue with this set up. People tend to like the inboard clutch for its easy of use, but having the sprocket farther out puts more pressure and wear on the crank bearings, especially on the PTO side (or maybe it wears on the crank and affects the seal to the bearing?). In general use this is probably not a big issue, but when heavily used professionally I'm sure it'll have a longterm affect. Further, the PTO bearing will get even more stress if a longer bar is run with an over tightened chain. This is probably why the max recommended chain on a 390 is only 28", which seems kinda short for a 88cc saw. I'd imagine lots of people run longer bars as the engine can surely handle it, but doing so might be what's causing the bearing failure. So I wonder if they'd try to make a new 590 version with a longer bar set-up. But again, I'm not a Husky engineer nor have I rebuilt a 390 like westcoaster, so this is just my guess.

I've heard of the trouble westcoaster90 speaks of, though it supposedly was a bigger problem with earlier (maybe pre-2013) models. As mentioned, the bearing was ever so slightly too big for the crank, or rather, the crank was too small for the bearing. I'd imagine that if it was "fixed" and westcoaster still has those problems when replacing bearings, its because the newer cranks are now slightly bigger (hence why his new bearing is a 'sloppy fit' on a used/older crank) and the bearing hasn't changed. Though this is just my guess, and I have no actual confirmation on it.

Another possible reason for the bearing failure would be the inboard clutch, and I'd wonder if a new 590xp would continue with this set up. People tend to like the inboard clutch for its easy of use, but having the sprocket farther out puts more pressure and wear on the crank bearings, especially on the PTO side (or maybe it wears on the crank and affects the seal to the bearing?). In general use this is probably not a big issue, but when heavily used professionally I'm sure it'll have a longterm affect. Further, the PTO bearing will get even more stress if a longer bar is run with an over tightened chain. This is probably why the max recommended chain on a 390 is only 28", which seems kinda short for a 88cc saw. I'd imagine lots of people run longer bars as the engine can surely handle it, but doing so might be what's causing the bearing failure. So I wonder if they'd try to make a new 590 version with a longer bar set-up. But again, I'm not a Husky engineer nor have I rebuilt a 390 like westcoaster, so this is just my guess.

it's not fixed, i'm seeing the issue on 2015 390's. it's a ****** deal as no saws in the past spun as often as this. alot of guys are running them that way not even knowing and they don't even die from the actual spun bearing, they die when the clearence becomes so large that is's a significant enough air leak to lean them out. everyone here run their saws on the edge of lean too. i'm not even saying i hope husqvarna fix it. i'm saying they better. the 385 was introduced somewhere back in 2001 kinda thing so for this to carry on to 2015 is just flat out unacceptable. almost like it's a built in **** up from the factory that kills the saws young. i bet those chinese cranks on ebay are better then the genuine husky crank lol i hope someone with some power at husqvarna read this ****.

I Don't think so, the main issue I'm having is the crank spins in the inner race of the bearing. The bearing is then a bushing lol I've loctite 620 2 that are actually holding up well. I welded on bearing to the crank because even loctite wouldn't fix it. It was a lost cause though as it was ran for a long time like that. Even a new bearing was a sloppy fit. Other then that the big ends go. I blew one last week but thankfully I noticed it before it completely came apart. Replaced crank with a used one that had spun on the main but used loctite. Getting sick of them for the most part. Hate to say it but I'm starting to miss those 660's I sold lol. 390's are way nicer to run though. Husky better do something about the bottom
End issues or I'm switching to dolmar.

what kind of bearings are you using? i'm working on a couple of 575's that came in with sealed, bearings, inside and outside. no way to get lube to the balls and races. i see evidence of the inner,and outer races getting really hot, the magnesium gets discolored too. the flywheel side seals are damaged too.i figure it might be guys buying asian bearings on ebay, not intended for chainsaws. it's a pain on the 575 since they don't always come apart easily.

The only possible bearing to use in a 390 on the PTO side is an OEM bearing.

yeah, that's the way it's supposed to be on a 575 too, but in reality it's just a fancy 6202 with a seal on the outside, open inside. i haven't looked at the 390 or 394 but i suspect they may be the same. the 575 is complicated by the crank stuffers which look like they might impede the flow of mix to the bearings. my old 575 hasn't had any problems, great saw but the two that just came in (from separate sources) are wierd. using a sealed bearing instead of a separate seal means you have to split the cases if you get a leak on the pto side.

The seal in the bearing is replacable and the 390 has 6203's. Don't try run one with a bearing with just any old rubber seal. The 394 has separate seals from the bearings.

The seal in the bearing is replacable and the 390 has 6203's. Don't try run one with a bearing with just any old rubber seal. The 394 has separate seals from the bearings.

yes, the 575 may be 6203's too. it's been more than 10 minutes since i looked at them, so there ya go. and yes, i know you're supposed to use the proprietary $35 bearings, but these saws came in a basket and i'm just trying to figure out what happened to them. i'm sure the bearings on one are standard industrial sealed units, better suited to a conveyor belt than 10k rpm big saw. the other saw, you're going to laugh, i think someone straight gassed it and then threw it under the truck so the boss would think it got run over by accident. both bearings were failed, exhauast side of the piston and cylinder tore up. the cases are a total loss too, broken.

anyway, what i'm hearing from you is that the 390 may have had the correct bearings. i was just curious.

Latest posts

Back