When things go wrong.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rio_Grande

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today I was working loading some things on my trailer. Wile putting an old slider rocker on, the mechanism worked and all but cut the last half inch of my finger off. Went clear through the nail and took 7 stitches to reattach it. Man that really messed my day up. So here I sit, finger throbbing watching duck dynasty. I forgot how bad stitches hurt until the numb stuff takes effect.

Guess I have all the firewood I am getting this year unless this thing heals super fast.

Ductape it, and start swinging. You will be fine. After a couple of strikes it will be numb anyway.

Throw some mud on it and get back in the game!!

No really that is some bad luck and I hope you heal quick and get back at it soon.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sorrier still that you didn't post any pics!!!

Get well soon, and I suspect it will heal pretty quick.

I think in this case we could just bypass the pics. We get enough gore on the 5pm news. ;o)

Drink water, eat more "numb stuff", and carry on :msp_w00t:

Remember: "pain is only weakness leaving the body" :rock:

Sorry - couldn't resist! It was a good pun for the occasion, though, eh? :jester::jester:

Absolutely. It was a poor choice of words on my part to start with. My feeble brain just couldn't come up with anything else on the spur of the moment.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sorrier still that you didn't post any pics!!!

Get well soon, and I suspect it will heal pretty quick.

It's hard to press the snap button with half your finger on the ground..
Heal well..

Finding out now that the pills they sent home are not as good as the ones they have at the ER. Funniest part of the whole thing was my wife was with me. I laid it open. Told her I had a problem all calm and collected as I usually am. She saw my hand by then covered in blood to my hoodie cuff. I told her I needed her help cause I wasn't going to be able to tape it up myself. She lit into me and I wasn't really in the mood to be told what to do. Finally she convinced me to wash everything off. As soon as the water washed some of the gore away I realized I wasn't gonna be able to seal it up even with her help. What was the first thing to cross my mind, how do I give in and go to the er without loosing the original disagreement....... Ok, but I am driving..... Lol,,, some days I think my thought process consists of how can I screw this up just a bit more than it already is?

Nothing worse than finger injuries. In my 27+ years in construction I have beaten mine to death. You just don't get used to that pain.

Shots don't bother me. EXCEPT, when they're going in a finger! Had 2 fingers torn up in a slab saw. The pain from that alone was bad enough, but I didn't get sweaty 'til I got to the hospital. Knew the real pain was about to begin! Nurse held my hand down while the doctor did the injections. Made a real pain doing everything left-handed.

Today I was working loading some things on my trailer. Wile putting an old slider rocker on, the mechanism worked and all but cut the last half inch of my finger off. Went clear through the nail and took 7 stitches to reattach it. Man that really messed my day up. So here I sit, finger throbbing watching duck dynasty. I forgot how bad stitches hurt until the numb stuff takes effect.

Guess I have all the firewood I am getting this year unless this thing heals super fast.

That sucks and hope you feel better. Duck Dynasty is an entertaining show though. Glass half full.

Latest posts

Back