When things go wrong.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain. I mean to say, I really do. I taped my back on. Its doing good.

I've felt your pain, but worse ! They couldn't re-attach the end of mine, unfortunately. Fortunately, just a tiny speed bump in the road of life.

Warning: Don't click here if you are eating dinner.
View attachment 265943

WAs that pic then or now. At least you don't have to cut the finger nail anymore.

We're twins!View attachment 266010

Mine were shredded. Tooth took the center of index finger out halfway back the nail. Doc removed it behind the nail so it wouldn't have the nail growing unprotected. 1/2" of middle finger was shaved to the bone. covered in scar tissue. That's the problem one. Gets cold and no cushion when it hits something solid.

I can not wait for my ER clinical rotation, I hope there are some decent injuries when I am working.

Dan

Seriously hope you get well soon, probably will not be too bad once it heals. Enjoy those pills while you have them.

Nothing worse than finger injuries. In my 27+ years in construction I have beaten mine to death. You just don't get used to that pain.

I stapled my thumb once. That kinda sorta smarted a little. Actually, the staple going in wasn't that bad, it was the yanking of the piece of wood and staple outta the thumb that hurt more.

don't ask what retarded thing I was doing instead of using a clamp, but I guess you can imagine.....

We're twins!View attachment 266010

Mine were shredded. Tooth took the center of index finger out halfway back the nail. Doc removed it behind the nail so it wouldn't have the nail growing unprotected. 1/2" of middle finger was shaved to the bone. covered in scar tissue. That's the problem one. Gets cold and no cushion when it hits something solid.

welcome to my world

Today I was working loading some things on my trailer. Wile putting an old slider rocker on, the mechanism worked and all but cut the last half inch of my finger off. Went clear through the nail and took 7 stitches to reattach it. Man that really messed my day up. So here I sit, finger throbbing watching duck dynasty. I forgot how bad stitches hurt until the numb stuff takes effect.

Guess I have all the firewood I am getting this year unless this thing heals super fast.

Feel fortunate it was not much, much worse. A guy is going to lose his left hand after an accident at work today. What a terrible sight to see.

WAs that pic then or now. At least you don't have to cut the finger nail anymore.

That was a couple weeks after it happened...... the first time the orthopedic surgeon let me change my bandages myself. Actually looks pretty good today.

Wierd thing is, touching something with the (now) end of my finger. My brain tells me something is touching the middle of my finger.

Some of you guys got it alot worse I see. I'm thankful my hand injury was not life altering in any way.

Man you are doing good. The one and only time I ever got cut resulted in 180 stitches. I was 70 feet off the ground and had used my climbing rope to pull the top of the tree out so I had to climb all the way down. Learned some valuable lessons that day!

To the op.. I hope your finger heals fast and well..

As for the rest of you guys.. good lord.. didn't dad tell ya don't stick your finger where ya shouldn't stick your pecker..

I hope all of you have adjusted well to your injuries..

The gore of watching a baby be born will last a while lol

To be honest, I've never see it happen. I make sure I don't look at that part. I just hold her hand and tell her to push. That's quite enough for me, thank you. And every darn time the midwife asks me if I want to cut the umbilical cord! :msp_scared: You kidding me?? I don't even want to see it!

As a piano player, I'm very glad to have all my digits still, especially considering how much I use power tools, and how clumsy I can be sometimes.

To be honest, I've never see it happen. I make sure I don't look at that part. I just hold her hand and tell her to push. That's quite enough for me, thank you. And every darn time the midwife asks me if I want to cut the umbilical cord! :msp_scared: You kidding me?? I don't even want to see it!

As a piano player, I'm very glad to have all my digits still, especially considering how much I use power tools, and how clumsy I can be sometimes.

My wife had a C-section both times so i got to see the whole nine yards, stuff just laying off to the side and tucked back in that i couldn't even describe:msp_scared:

Wait a second....you chop off 2 fingers and still haven't learned your lesson?!? Look at that freaking thumb!

P.s. pics or it didn't happen!

when you swing a hammer as many times as i do every day, the law of averages says that you will have a black thumbnail every now and then

Back