Where are all the old timers???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're called "newbies" for a reason......:dizzy: :laugh:

I pay no attention to the post that don't intrigue me so I'll now bow out. :sucks:

First off, I'm DRUNK. Maker's Mark and coke and Amaretto. Not too shabby a combination. Gotta buy more Maker's tomorrow. Amaretto too for that matter.

second... what was second... uhm... Yea, FAQ... oil mix... what saw.. brand.. bar length, muffler mod links.

Ian

Last edited:
Hey Ian. You need a 066 sporting a 36" bar and full-comp square ground chain. You might also want to send it up to EHP and have him do his magic to it. Then you'd really be drunk!!! Or should I say...intoxicated...with CAD.

Yer shouting at the choir buddy... gotta save for that flat screen so the wood burnin thingy can fit...

Ian

Good thread Brad. Me still being a newb was wondering the same thing. I know I've learned so much from this site that if I had to pay for the info I've got here I'd be broke.:cry: :cry And I'm sure I've asked stupid ? 's on the chainsaw and firewood side but have always got good info. It's just nice to spend time with people with the same interests. And it just brings a smile to my face when I see a new oil thread about ratio or dino or syn. I know Gary's out there just :censored: :censored: . So to me it's just a great forum with great info. So if I ever pi$$ anyone off with a stupid ? I apologize in advance. Oh I just checked my profile and toady's my 1 year anniversary 11/09/07.So I think I'll have me a beer.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

At this point, it's less about CAD and more about reducing the propane bill. With my house layout, the TV will have be a flat screen and go above the mantle and the TV cabinet will have to go on the burn pile. Gotta love a burn pile.

Ian

That's the way forums go Brad. It's normal.

One day someone with only two years on the forum will be asking 'what ever happened to that old timer dude, Snelling'? ..........and only a few of us will remember you.:)

So, are you telling me this disease I've got, call CAD, isn't a permanent condition???!!! I still NEED:) a 075/076, Contra/Lightning, and maybe an 090 somewhere along the line!

It isn't permanent. It evolves. I'm down to seven working saws and two "someday" projects. I haven't even fired up my 075 since ericjeeper's 2007 GTG...did I remember to drain the gas? I don't remember. Oh well.

That said, I do miss some of the people who were here before. I'm disappointed that some were banned, and that others just moved on. But that's life.

After leaving Oregon, i didn't even think about arboristsite for dang i dont know, months and months. then one day i decided to pay a visit and see if my user name was still valid. have been back ever since.

I will say that things where alittle more lively back in the day though!..

I'm thinking about getting a full wrap handle thingie for the Barbie Saw. I needed, really needed it today. I suppose they only come in black?:)

Stihl calls them a full wrap, but they are really 3/4 wraps. They only come in ninja black, yes. It would be hard to remove the grips and paint them; but you could tape off the grips and powder coat the rest in Barbie pink.

Or you could just knit a bright pink sweater for the exposed wrap parts. Or use more of those stickers.

Last edited:
See, still lots of info. I got here by the back door, trying to find out if downhill yarding was possible using intermediate supports. Found out, yes it and the grumbling will increase and production decrease...later a crew rigged up that way.

I started dropping some trees that will be problems later on, out at the money pit. I never did much falling other than lodgepole with a slant cut and push. Reading on this site, I finally figured out that the sight line is that little line on the saw and the Old Sparkless saw didn't have one. When I use that line, the trees are going down right where I want them. There is one that needs to come down but I don't want to cut it with the backside of the bar. So the handle might get bought. I also was thinking about tearing Old Sparkless apart, but I'll wait for that later. Old Sparkless has no comp release and is literally a pain to start. Good site this!:clap:

Latest posts

Back