Where do you store your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Stihl display stand last year that holds 6 of my saws. The rest will fit on the shelf of my bench. May have one or two on top of the bench, and I think a couple in the house. Like a chainsaw Easter egg hunt haha.

I just put mine on a cheap wooden rack.

DSC02217.jpg

Where do you all keep your saws at for storage? I'm getting to the point where I have no workbenches left in the shop, and really have no room on the floor either. I've got two tractors and a car and truck in it right now. I'm thinking maybe the basement floor is my next best option, as I would like to keep them in a heated environment, but it would be somewhat of an inconvenience to keep them there.

Post pictures or describe where you store your saws.

I"ve ran into the same issue this winter and just did this about a week ago

attachment.php

attachment.php

The 024 was the only one I had trouble with leaking anything and not sure why but drained the gas from that one not a big deal.

I have mine on the basement floor. Is that bad?

Depends on how wet your basement is. A problem i've had is that objects can trap or collect moisture. I had a softener salt bag sitting on the floor, and in weeks I had a pool of water surrounding it, until I picked it up. Then the dehumidifier must have dried it out. Maybe the way a basement floor is built and also the water table can affect it.

From what i've heard you want to have something between the concrete and the saws, to prevent corrosion of the saw over time. My problem would be that putting cardboard underneath may trap moisture and lead to rotting of the cardboard and corrosion of the saws. I've seen a guy store his on the bare concrete floor in the basement, and he had no problems with it. So their maybe is variables, and I suppose if the floor was carpeted then it wouldn't be an issue.

ALWAYS! I will not take a chance on losing it!!!!! If I left it outside the house and found it gone I would only be able to blame myself. My splitter also gets stored inside....:jawdrop::dizzy::clap: Pain in the butt to get it out sometimes....will probably be harder now with that HUGE beam on there.:dizzy:

Did you say it? It? Really? That's a singular pronoun! How can that be?:dizzy::cry:

so so i. i think ill hang mine from the cieling now though. seems to me it would get them out of the way and make it easy to find my chains i have for each bar and saw.

I put a bunch of spikes into a horizontal beam in my post and beam barn. I hang them by the handles, then string a hardened 3/8 logging chain through the handles and around the beam, then join the ends of the chain with a big master lock.

Safe, dry , and secure.

On the metal shelves of an old Wal-Mart display. In a very secure/locked room, they get brought in off the truck nightly and blown off, topped off and on the shelf they go until the next use, which is it seems like is almost every day or every other day. During the summer, they get the gas drained, run dry and on the shelf. Stored until it's cool enough to cut again.

The reason I only have ONE is because that is all I can afford.

But by all means, go ahead and buy me a 660 or 880.....I really would not mind at all.

Did you say it? It? Really? That's a singular pronoun! How can that be?:dizzy::cry:

In their respective case or Husqvarna power box along with the appropriate sharpening tools, scrench, spare chain, etc.

Currently they are sitting on two white plastics tables in the basement. Tables my wife normally uses for extra seating at holiday dinners and such. Got a couple bar oil leakers in the collection too.

Latest posts

Back