Where to buy Keen Serts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and ordered a 5mm Timesert kit from eBay for $54 with free shipping and it comes with 11 inserts. Now I need to get one for spark plugs. I sure wish I knew if regular taps and screws would work to seat the Timesert then I would just have to buy the inserts and seat cutter.

Juttree, when you do the first repair I think you'll see the quality of the kit and the finished repair does not look like a repair. I would recommend a set of collet style square tap handles and or 12 pt sockets because the one size fit all tap handle limits where you can use it and when doing quick repairs like the often stripped leftside brake handle screw on Stihls you won't need to pull the saw handle. Ken

Juttree, when you do the first repair I think you'll see the quality of the kit and the finished repair does not look like a repair. I would recommend a set of collet style square tap handles and or 12 pt sockets because the one size fit all tap handle limits where you can use it and when doing quick repairs like the often stripped leftside brake handle screw on Stihls you won't need to pull the saw handle. Ken
Appreciate the tip. I've always heard good things about Timesert and usually good tools aren't cheap. It will be nice to know that I'll have the right tools to make proper repairs.

Latest posts

Back