Wheres all the old Schoolers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like Daddies boy is drinking before noon.

I am sure daddy is the fastest you have seen. Good for you, good for daddy you gonna hold his hand too?.

There are many climbers that use pulleys that could hand your dad his a$$ when it comes to climbing and pruning.

Do some research, learn something. Climb with a few certified arborists for a start.

:confused:

Ok now so i like your argument that goes in circles. It sounds like its dangerouse with out spurs on alot of pruning. You don't know ???? from experiance just theory is all you know john

Originally posted by TREETX
It sounds like Daddies boy is drinking before noon.

I am sure daddy is the fastest you have seen. Good for you, good for daddy you gonna hold his hand too?.

There are many climbers that use pulleys that could hand your dad his a$$ when it comes to climbing and pruning.

Do some research, learn something. Climb with a few certified arborists for a start.

:confused:
I think you don't even have a clue. My fahter is considered one of the best PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does any body on her know any body from toronto thats a tree man? Toronto is made up of millions of people and every body in the buisness know his name from being the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any body that uses spikes on a prune job is a hack?

Could you prove any more of how litte you know? NEVER use spurs on a prune job, are you nuts you shouldn't be in the buisness if thats your attitude

Tree tx your pretty awsome with the burns. And knocking my spelling good one. I'm going to do a tree that you couldn't handle right now

I have done the paver thing and the flower pot thing.
I guess the fact that ive only ever seen one window one fence post and a and an eves troph slightly bent in about 10 000 tree jobs means that we must be luckey right? And I'm not lying

Your comments and pictures are right on, for a line clearence guy. The objective in line clearing is to do as much damage to the tree as you can, in hopes that it will be a longer trimming cycle. If you kill the tree, next time round you don't have to trim it.
I bet you and your father are good at that, clearing lines and killing trees, it's tree care that you don't have a grasp on.
Manners are not a strong point for you either. There are people here that can not only out climb you and dad, they also actually know basic tree biology and can give much better care to a tree than you will ever know. Yet you come here and insult us like we just fell off the truck and don't have a clue.
A broke, stupid, hillbilly can probably remove a kidney with a pocket knife, and do it fast. I would not hire him though. I'd go to a doctor with all the good tools and knowledge to pick what tool to use and when.

Originally posted by Trees Company
I'm going to do a tree that you couldn't handle right now

Let's see a picture of you in this tree that no one on this forum can handle but you...

This buisness is gone the way of the pulley. All this talk of pullies and cranes? I really don't know what to say. Is this the only way some guys can take a tree down. Cranes, I'd be embarassed to bring a crane to a job.

I was reading some climbers ideas for boots and I'm thinking what the hell? You cant climb every day in low cut anything. I come from knowing almost every great tree man in Toronto. Guys that take down carolina popluers 5 feet in diameter and 80 feet tall in a 30x50 foot back yard starting at 9 am and there home with a check in there pocket by 6:30 pm the same day. I've done it countless times with my father over the years. With us and two other guys, some times one. Like really, is this the pulley way now or what?

I would suggest that you at least give a chance to the members of this site and the knowledge they have. You could pick up on some of that knowledge you say you like.
If you do only removals, stay in your spikes and burn your ropes 'til they are useless. If you prune, start to care for those trees spikeless and try to do as little damage as possible (heavens, that might mean a pulley). When you get a grasp on that, start using modern climbing techniques - you might be surprised at how much fun you can have while working.

lack of false crotches

i must put my hand up and admit that our company doesnt use false crotches and what not on takedowns, our old lowering ropes get used for the crane (with a timber grab for pulling in chunks where there is no access), towing etc.....

we dont use false crotches for removals and we do it quickly,

having said that i would like to start using things like this though, but i cant afford to buy them and the boss wont.

spikes on prunes are hack work its bad for the tree.

do short spikes damage trees with really thick bark.

imagine if a tree with bark as thick as a redwood had big limbs, would spiking a limb / bole with small shoprt spikes damage the cambium, i will repeate the imagine part and add THIS IS TOTALLY HYPOTHETICAL. just trying to ask questions and further my knowledge.

anyway... trees company....try climbing without spikes its fun...... i like swinging around

jamie

I have heard of people spiking trees W/ super thick bark - I'm guessing that is because they feel the spike is not going through to transport organs and such.

Ok now so i like your argument that goes in circles. It sounds like its dangerouse with out spurs on alot of pruning. You don't know ???? from experiance just theory is all you know john

:laugh:

I only started in the mid '80.

Atatched is me deadwooding a white pine tip.

No gaffs, no pole saw.

Back