Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno how far out you have to be before the antigen tests come up negative? I was considering taking one today, but didn't wanna waste it if it is too early.

I'm off the arcoxia today, and coughing up a bit here and there. But otherwise doing OK. I imagine the aches will hit me by tomorrow. :(

ETA - just tested positive. I'm totally gonna ask people to lick my eyeballs now.

You can clear isolation at 5 days now in England with a negative lateral flow test.
So I'd say 5 days out is a good place to start. No testing for international travellers with a double jab.I can see the gov letting it run pretty soon.
I popped for it on the 26th. 2 days of light symptoms. No high temp.

So yeah, a little sore today. Slight headache. Didn't cough up much in the morning. The other day I felt like I had been schmokin all night. Today, not too bad at all.
All in all, like a mild flu, really. Which makes me wonder how bad I might have had it if it were an earlier version and I weren't triple vaxxed...
Still, I did cheat with the industrial strength meds. So that's about a week of bother for this 50 year old. None of which I was bed ridden, just a bit bothered.
The wife and MIL are still negative. Which is amazing as at the first signs of it I was in the living room coughing pretty good sitting next to the wife assuming it was her smoking as the cause. Kissed her on the lips earlier that evening, too.
Perhaps the vax kept the load down enough it didn't spread. Dunno. She's triple vaxxed as well with a combo of Pfizer and Moderna. As is the MIL.
My first test did come up just a light positive. Yesterdays was a strong result on the litmus.
A friend's daughter caught it not too long ago. She's 15. Single vax. Had some symptoms for 2 days. Low fever. Sniffling. Basically like a cold. Less than a days down time. The rest of the family tested neg.

Cough.
Still slowly crawling out of the covid pit. I feel terrible, tho.
Loads of aches from all the coughing. Loads of stuff coming out of my nose and lungs still.

Cough.
Still slowly crawling out of the covid pit. I feel terrible, tho.
Loads of aches from all the coughing. Loads of stuff coming out of my nose and lungs still.

I got sick with all approiate symptoms before COVID had a test back in late January 2020, I was still coughing stuff out of my lungs for ~45 days afterwards.

Did you ever lose your voice? I could manage about a sentence for two weeks even after I was feeling “good.”

I can talk mostly OK, though my voice has changed. I can barely breathe thru my nose most of the time.
The lungs feel loose off and on. The nose is almost as though I have an infection. I'll see if it gets worse.
If it does, the MIL has antibiotics. But as it is, I just feel like my immune system is still fighting.
I am now also getting some fever at night. Really odd how it comes and goes. Doesn't help with sleep at all.

So two weeks in now and I finally feel like I am recovering. Still not breathing clear, but over all feel much better.
When I got infected, I hadn't spent any time indoors besides my own home other than quick shopping, and we are all required to have masks here when indoors except for restaurants, which I never visited. We did get takeaway, but the delivery guy always had a mask and kept his distance.
I have been walking the dogs with the wife, and occasionally other people we've met on our walks were a bit too close for comfort, but I always tried to keep my distance.
So basically, I likely got a small dose when I was infected.
I have had 3 shots. All Pfizer. The wife and MIL have had two pfizer with one dose of moderna as the booster. Neither of them ever tested positive, even though at one point I was coughing and congested right next to her on the sofa the day before I tested positive.
I have tested positive 4 times - twice the first day I noticed 'real' symptoms, once ever week thereafter. I intend to test myself once a week until I test negative just to get an idea how long it sticks with you.
Though I never felt my life was in danger, it was never a good time. And on occasion I had real difficulty breathing. I used a lot of flonase and at least 4 doses of arcoxia, a strong NSAID nearly as strong as steroids. So, though I can't really say for certain without a control test, I do fear if I hadn't all the drugs or the shots, that it could have gone worse for me. Had I got a stronger viral load like a large dose before masks and distancing was required, maybe worse again.
*cough*
The nose is still producing, and my lungs still clear themselves in the morning. At night I can have a few coughing fits before I settle.
But as of today I feel like I am recovering. Energy is better, aches are much less, and breathing much easier.

I was looking back to a week or two before I tested positive, and recalled a time I was waiting in the post office for a teller. That was the only time I was indoors waiting for something. I imagine I was in there for nearly 10 minutes. There were at least 6 others in a fairly confined space. We all had masks.
That was the highest likelyhood of my getting it.

Anywho, I felt well enough today I tested myself. I am currently negative. So that's just a bit more than 2 weeks after first testing positive.
Still not any fun at night, but much better. I went for a 1km walk and was a bit stiff and light headed, but otherwise came out OK.

I ended up getting Omicron the last week of January, almost exactly 2 years after I got Wuhan.

Crazy achy for 2 days then really tired for a week and then tired by the end of the day for another. Now back to almost 100%.

Lost smell for 24 hours after the achiness was gone and then had the weirdest taste and smell for the next two weeks but that's finally gone away.

My smell is still off and on. But I am able to get around. Bad thing is I got a stomach bug recently that was nearly as bad. Ugh.

We were by powerscourt today and met some of their clean up crew:

172367654.UQ9dGXqv.jpg

And one of their Irish crummys:

172367655.ydxrsld2.jpg

So, not to make things political, but here it goes - what's up with all these republicans behind Putin?
I remember a time when Russia and communism and dictators were enemies. Where did the party go?

They’ve gone from a party of principle to a party of consolidated power. Putin looks like a strongman, and definitely not in the Brian Shaw way, so they’ll back him (and consequently Russia) because of it.

I don’t get it, man. I saw it first here in Kentucky with Bevin, then nationally with Trump. But the right-wing nationalism that sort of kicked off 5-10 years ago isn’t just confined to the US & Russia. Marine Le Pen still has strong support in France, the UK left the EU, Hungary has Viktor Orban. I don’t know, man.

So, not to make things political, but here it goes - what's up with all these republicans behind Putin?
I remember a time when Russia and communism and dictators were enemies. Where did the party go?
I'm as confused as anyone, I think its too much testosterone envy, folks see a dude say things they think they can't say and talk smack about the folks they already don't like, then poof instant hero, some sort of ******* messiah.

Putin to be clear is a power mad maniac, always has been. Ukraine is the bread basket of Russia, if Russia is hurting (and they are) they always pick on Ukraine and take whatever they want... this time it appears Ukraine has had enough...
Anyway, supporting Russia at this time is tantamount to treason in my book.

I sure don't get the behavior of the strongman adoration club either. It would seem some folks have to pretend to be, or aspire to be, more than they really are. Most Macho men are scared boys inside, inspite of their jacked up 4 × 4's with AR stickers all over the windows. Same bs mentality with certain political leaders. I wish more US presidents had the same level of character as Zelenskyy. Now there is the measure of a leader!

Latest posts

Back