Which 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Short version: what exact type of 346xp do I want to buy? Have seen stuff about cat, non-cat, "NE", etc..

Long version:
I want to buy a 346xp through the company I work for, which stocks them by the pallet load. All I know about what they've got is there are some with green caps (catalytic exhaust), and some with gray caps (non-cat).
I have seen "NE (new edition)" in people's signature's. How do I know if I am getting the new edition? I do want the non-cat version right? Is it as simple as getting one of the gray cap ones, or is "the right one" more specific than just any non-cat 346? Not sure when the saws they have right now were ordered/received but I assume relatively recently.

Thanks

Last edited:
Short version: what exact type of 346xp do I want to buy? Have seen stuff about cat, non-cat, "NE", etc..

Long version:
I want to buy a 346xp through the company I work for, which stocks them by the pallet load. All I know about what they've got is there are some with green caps (catalytic exhaust), and some with gray caps (non-cat).
I have seen "NE (new edition)" in people's signature's. How do I know if I am getting the new edition? I do want the non-cat version right? Is it as simple as getting one of the gray cap ones, or is "the right one" more specific than just any non-cat 346? Not sure when the saws they have right now were ordered/received but I assume relatively recently.

Thanks

NE version has the silver clutch cover. Non-Cat is best.

Ok so I want NE non-cat.

By clutch cover do you mean that whole side cover plate? Which is held on by the bar nuts?

And it should be silver as opposed to orange like the old ones?

Hope I'm not confused.

should look like this.....

IMG_2941.jpg

Good Luck!
Murf

You wanna get the silver cover with the gray/black caps. They don't make the orange cover 346 anymore but I saw some new ones on ebay last year so I guess it is still possible to get some NOS saws. The green should be the cats. Good luck and take some pictures of the saw in action.

"NE" is just an Arboristsite.com acronym for "New Edition." You won't see it used by Husqvarna. The New Edition 346XP can be determined by the silver clutch cover and a primer bulb. Also, the owner will have a big grin on his face and a big wood pile in his yard. The Green gas cap is an indicator that it has a Catalyst (cat) muffler. You can look at the top of the muffler, just underneath the orange plastic cover, and if the big letters C-A-T appear, its a cat muffler. If C-A-T doesn't appear, you have a non cat muffler.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back