Which is your favorite saw for around the house?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihltp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I live in the great Toronto area so the lot's are not very big here and I don't depend on fire wood for heating. I find that my MS200 rear handle is the saw that gets the most action. It is not as powerful as my MS260 but still does the job with less fatigue. I bought it this past winter from a fellow just east of me and he had never used it. It definitely got into some wood this spring with all the clean ups at home and at my rental homes. For those that have one I am sure you will agree and for those that are thinking about getting a good proffessional saw with ease of use and great performance this is the saw for you. Cheers :msp_smile:

lets here about your favorites

The 026 gets the nod around the yard about as much as my little Tanaka top handle. 50-50 type deal.

Grab and cut?

Fastest to get to to go cut an errant downed limb, etc..my Oregon Powernow battery saw. I don't like leaving mix in saws and using any small gasser requires going to the fuel can, dumping some in, getting it started, let it warm up, cutting, and then draining out the remainder and then restarting and letting it idle dry. The battery saw, none of that stuff, grab, cut, put it away. Instant on/off with the throttle trigger.

If all I needed or wanted was a light duty small home owner type saw, something reliable, dependable to start, to do some light cutting, even after sitting months, etc, that would be it. No mix to go bad, no yank starting, even has a good quality built in chain sharpener (second generation powersharp).

346xp

Thanks to this fine forum and the knowledge I gained from joining, my goto saw is the venerable 346XP, brand spanking new 2012 version.

Damn, you guys are good. :msp_thumbup:

Stephen :cool:

I gotta go with the 200T i don't cut much on the ground and if i'm on the ground i usually have a 372xpw. Then again i don't cut much at home.

Last edited:
I live in the great Toronto area so the lot's are not very big here and I don't depend on fire wood for heating. I find that my MS200 rear handle is the saw that gets the most action.

Another GTA boy! Good to see there is some more of us around. Right now around the home its a toss up between my MS200 and PS-3410TH. The Stihl is definitely the zippier of the two but the little Dolly is really handy getting in and around limbs.

BTW, do you have both the 200 and the 200T or is that just a typo in your sig? Cheers! :cheers:

Another GTA boy! Good to see there is some more of us around. Right now around the home its a toss up between my MS200 and PS-3410TH. The Stihl is definitely the zippier of the two but the little Dolly is really handy getting in and around limbs.

BTW, do you have both the 200 and the 200T or is that just a typo in your sig? Cheers! :cheers:

Actually ran my little Dolly today. Not a bad little saw at all.

Back