Which one would you choose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the fs-91 and an fs-100rx and if I had to buy a string trimmer tomorrow it wouldn't be a stihl, or at least not either of the models I have. Read about issue's with any model you are considering, both of mine use the same carb (Zama) and they are crap. I just got done rebuilding the carb on the fs-100 a week ago and after reading around it looks to be a fairly common thing to have to deal with no matter how well you take care of them.

TBH, if I had to buy one tomorrow I would probably look into a Echo. I had a Husky years ago (before I knew any better about taking care of them) and wish I had it back again, lighter and did just as well for general work and the odd heavy cut. I will admit when in heavier stuff the stihl does great but I don't encounter that enough to constitute the additional weight. Put in plain words, I over bought on the trimmer and the added weight sucks when the torque isn't needed.

I' ve a 326L husky. Good trimmer, lighter (10 lbs) and as powerful (1.2 bhp) as the Fs-91. Had enough power for most weeds and tall grass. Never needed a thing except string and spark plug every once in a while, clean AF and spark screen. It's almost 20 years old now and runs great. I'd buy another.

Was one problem, red squirrel chewed through the gas tank, JB weld fixed it.

Latest posts

Back