Which saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JD. I'm not familiar with the Indonesian Cubs. The ones I've ran were Efco's in Yellow. All were excellant and durable.

I have seen one of those 55cc Craftsmans. The thing falls apart from riding in the truck.

JD. I'm not familiar with the Indonesian Cubs. The ones I've ran were Efco's in Yellow. All were excellant and durable.

I have seen one of those 55cc Craftsmans. The thing falls apart from riding in the truck.

The John Deere Co. parts-website where I get a lot of tractor parts has full parts diagrams of all the Efco saws that Deere sells. Looking the those, every Efco from 46 ccs and bigger looks like a very well built saw. Magnesium crankcases, twin ball bearings on the cranks, two ring pistons, etc. Italian engineering certainly doesn't bother me. Most of my diesel injection pump parts come from Italy, even from American companies like Stanadyne. Hey, even Chysler is now Italian owned (Fiat).

I'll probably buy a Efco if I come across a good buy. I'd like to try one out.
Efco, Oleo Mac, and Olympk are all from the same place. Olympk goe sued over its name as I recall and had to dump it.

I got looking at some other smaller brands in the 50 cc range and was pretty disappointed. I looked at Red Max and Homelite and neither even shows internal parts. I assume that means they cannot be bought if needed.

Latest posts

Back